Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting the creeps.

Old 09-11-2003, 04:14 AM

Default RE: Getting the creeps.

I get the heebie geebies in the woods at dark to or in the city at dark with no street lights around I think it' s natural when your sight is taken away or severly limited. Like someone said its not that your afaid of the dark it' s your afraid of what' s in the dark.

That feeling is probably a throw back from cave man days a sense to let you know when animals are around so you can either fight or flight. and if you think about without all of our tools and know how man is is just meal on legs for any meat eater out there.

But when I have my bow or gun in my hand i do feel safer.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:54 AM

The first couple of times I find my imagination playing tricks on me. One time while walking through the bush I walked up on a donkey and because it was 4:45am I never saw him. All of a sudden he let loose He-Hawing at me and damn near stopped my heart, for just a moment I thought I was going to be killed by the monster that filled my childhood dreams with terror.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:47 AM

i' ve gotten the creeps a few times ,not always only certain places ! then i remember that i have a deadly weapon in my hands and i quit worring about it.

Old 09-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok..I confess, I think it' s creepy also, Noy so bad once I get in my tree stand. Have you ever watched the blair witch movie the night before a hunt I did, Wicked creepy man. Try it!
haha, I dont' think so. I love going out in the woods, whether it' s early in the A.M. or for an afternoon/evening hunt. Why get scared, you got a gun in your hand
Old 09-14-2003, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

jkgf
Old 09-14-2003, 03:14 PM

I have had the creeps on different occasions but this one really sticks out. Hunting in a river bottom in SW Tennessee late one afternoon. The river bottom is creepy to begin with for starters. Only about an hour of shooting light left when the owls start hooting. Always a pretty chilling event for me. There was a front coming in from the west and the wind was starting to blow pretty good. All of a sudden an big old rotted out cypress tree located within 20 yards of my stand falls over making a God awful noise. Scared the livin s@&? out of me. Immediately got out of the stand and hightailed it out of there. At that point it really didn' t matter anymore that I was tromping through Mr. Bigs section of woods at primetime. What a trip!
Old 09-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Spike

I have become totally freaked out by snakes because I have seen so many the last few weeks while scouting. Not just any snakes, but rattlers and cotten mouths.
Now I am so paranoid to scout around, even with my snake chaps on!
I also walked up on a big 8' gator near my stand, but he was much easier to see in the woods than the snakes are!
Old 09-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe I can see it now.