Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Game Camera

Old 09-28-2003, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Game Camera

UPDATE: The guy has not contacted me. I' m pretty bummed but am trying to make the most of it (I have his stand setup right now). I didn' t think that he would try and contact me cause I made it clear that he would be off the land. Maybe i shouldn' t have done that because now he' s probably still out there on the land and I can' t get to him.
I guess I' ll just have to go get another one
Old 09-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well Here in Pa. it is aagainst the law to bait. first I would of talked with the landowner and made sure the guy did not belong on the property. I would of left the stand there . Then take a salt block and put it near his stand. When you see him hunting there call the wardens and have them nail him for hunting over the bait. He would loose his hunting rights for a couple years. Then he would not be able to have a chance to steal and trespass somewhere else. Hey nothing to good for a stinkin thief.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

My only comment on this is now with the second stand showing up and ending up to be a friend of the owner or his wife, it sounds to me like several people are on this property, and you are assuming it was a poacher that took your cam. You being 4 hours away from the property could be the case of the stands owner(the one you took) he may have not been back to see the stand is gone, Could be a guy that made an honest mistake of property bounderies. he may have hung the stand with no intentions of coming back until the rut? I know I have about 4 stands up right not that I don' t even hunt, but I will in Nov. around the 10th. I would think that it would really be unfair to take a stand on the assumption that the stand hanger took your cam. I think if you spend more time there I bet more people are visiting that property than you think, invited or not. Just my 2 cents ofcourse.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:11 PM
Typical Buck

well the property line on that side is umistakeble: IT' S A RIVER. I told the owner everything and he knew the location of every stand on the property that SHOULD have been there. His wife was the one who did not. But anyway, the situation can be solved with 1 phone call, so I' m not too worried.