Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who has seen bucks with droptines?

Old 09-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who has seen bucks with droptines?

I' m just curious of how many people have or haven' t seen a droptine buck in the wild?
Old 09-03-2003, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who has seen bucks with droptines?

Never in the wild, but man would that be sweet. I just love a big mass/gnarly rack with drop tines!!! Hopefully one of these days.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:39 PM

nope. but visit WWW.somkybendranch.com and chck out the webcam. watch deer at the feeder...!!! fun and free. ..found it the other day.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-03-2003, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey lazyarcher. Do you have a pic of that deer? I wouldn' t mind seeing it if you do!!
Old 09-03-2003, 08:10 PM

Ive seen two in my life, both on my farm, the first I was only about 14 years old and of course I missed, I dont even think I aimed my gun, that was about 15 years ago. Then last year I got piuctures of a huge buck that I have gotten pics of and seen during the rut for two previous years, last year is the first year he had a droptine, it was about six inches long and grew straight down in front of his right ear. The pics are posted on this forum, but I havent got him on film yet this year. Hopefully soon.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

Just once...two years ago during the second week of bow season here in IL. He was about 40 yards away w/ a doe closely behind him. This is also the biggest deer I have ever seen in the wild. I think about him every time I' m in stand. And the question always pops into my mind, " What if?" Oh well, that' s what makes this sport so great!
Old 09-04-2003, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

The buck I' ve been after has one this year. Its only about 3 inches long but its a drop...Maybe this year I' ll get lucky and get him...
Old 09-04-2003, 07:09 AM

I haven' t but last summer my buddy was telling me how it' s always been his dream to take a buck with a drop tine. So he goes on a trip to W. VA and comes back with a nine pointer. 8 nice points and a 5 inch drop tine. It' s on his wall now so I see it every time I go over there.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:30 AM

I have seen one. My uncle shot one last gun season. It had a 6" droptine on its right side and you could see where the matching on broke off. That kinda stinks that it broke off.

Quick Reply: Who has seen bucks with droptines?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.