Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rituals?

Old 09-03-2003, 05:26 PM

Default Rituals?

Do any of you have a specific ritual or tradition you do every day during hunting season just before you head out, or just after you harvest your animal? I once knew a guy who medetated for 45 minutes in his stand.

Personally, I dont pray a lot in my spare time, but I always find myself saying alittle prayer before I go out, and I always manage to thank God after I harvest an animal. The only tradition I can think of besides always being in the woods at 4:30, is we always head to IHOP right after we harvest an animal, morning or night, blood covered or not... You should see some of the looks we get coming in camo clad, faces covered with mud and sweat... Blood caked under our finger nails... Thats one thing I look forward to every year...
Old 09-03-2003, 07:14 PM

Default RE: Rituals?

Do any of you have a specific ritual or tradition you do every day during hunting season
Yup - sure do.

Buy the lady some flowers
Old 09-03-2003, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

we always head to IHOP right after we harvest an animal, morning or night, blood covered or not... You should see some of the looks we get coming in camo clad, faces covered with mud and sweat... Blood caked under our finger nails... Thats one thing I look forward to every year...
My post hunt ritual is to get cleaned up and put on my civies before going to eat and looking like a civilized human being.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

My two brothers and I talk every am on which stand we' re going to hunt, the approximate time we will be back, previous experience in that location and when we depart, we do a shot of peppermint or cinnamon schnopps.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:40 PM

My ritual for the season is that me and some buddies shave completely on opening day of bow season, and we cant shave untill we shoot a deer. As for a daily ritual i dont really have one unless listening to Hank williams Jr.s a country boy can survive as loud as i can untill i get to my spot, every time. That drives my buddy crazy but i guess thats my ritual.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

Last year i put in the Ted Nugent CD with the song Fred Bear and it was me, my dad, and my cousin. That day my cousin got a deer i think that i will do that every day this year.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are group of hunters have a tradition. Whenever on of our group harvest a deer we have a tendelion fry that evening.....whatever time it is! Tenderlions fried quickly in butter with onions and green peppers. Wow, is that some good stuff! Think about 4 to 6 hunters sharing two tenderloins cut in 1" by 1" strips. You just get a taste, and you' re all ready to go get another one right away!

Good Luck!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:58 PM
Fork Horn

hey wash...hows it going....whats up with the hunting chat.... i can' t get into it anymore!....

i got a ritual for u tho...

before i started hunting my dad and his dad and his 2 brothers would all wake up extra early and go to my grandpa and grandma' s...where most of us kids would sleep over night.... and have a big breakfast...well they don' t do that anymore...and i miss it...ya see my whole family hasn' t had all the money they needed...so when my dad and his brothers where younger...they hunted for the meat....and this got to be a tradition....but when my cusin and i started hunting with the ADULTS...they quite this tradition...probly because me and my cusin eat too much..well mostly me.... but you wouldn' t know where i put it...but one thing that we still do is that we as a family debone the deer together...its a great time to visit and eat grandma' s homemade soup.... so i look forward to deboning those deer that we work hard to get!
Old 09-04-2003, 07:29 PM

Not sure whats up with the chat. nobody has been able to get into it for over a week now... Big bummer for sure!
Old 09-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

My post hunt ritual is to get cleaned up and put on my civies before going to eat and looking like a civilized human being.
Well said, Arthur.
Charlie