Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What does everyone eat for breakfast?

Old 09-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What does everyone eat for breakfast?

I usually have a big bowl of oatmeal or cereal and some hot tea before I start my scent free ritual ( of course before that I hit the throne and read a quick hunt story so I don' t have nature call while in the stand)
Old 09-03-2003, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

I usually have a big bowl of cereal and a peanut butter sandwich. Wash it down with a glass of milk. I' ll usually have an apple on the way out to my stand.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Good old fashion oatmeal, plus I' ll throw a
few granola bars & power bars in my backpack.
I never go much more than a couple hours
without eating.

On all day hunts I' ll also bring along a couple
PB&J sandwiches[:-].
Old 09-03-2003, 11:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I get up extra early for my cup of coffee and oatmeal breakfeast(stick to your ribs kind). This way I use the thrown before I leave for my hunt or for sure by the time I park the truck[:-]. Then I stick to the H20 to drink and eat granola or cereal bars for snacks. All day hunts I take PBJ' s.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

And do you think it has any bearing on your sucess?
Yep! A big plate of biscuits & gravy will keep my stomach quiet darn near the entire day!
Old 09-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

My breakfast usually consist of kraut,a green veggie and a turkey burger. The farts take the place of a buck lure
Old 09-04-2003, 05:21 AM

Usually a couple of bananas first thing in the morning and a breakfast bar later on.

Websters definition of HUNTING STOOL: What you leave in the woods after a large cup of coffee, breakfast burrito, and a bumpy ride through the field.[][X(][&:]
Old 09-04-2003, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

I try Not to eat eggs bacon and the whole works. Besides my diet that stuff lays heavy and the heart burn! Now it is light breakfast bar and some
Old 09-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I make a shake to drink on the way. I throw some protein powder, instant coffee powder and a little sweetener in the blender with some milk and down it while driving to my hunting spot. It' s quick, easy, tasty and nutritious.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:16 AM

Now days I tend to go light on the early morning eats, maybe a small bowl of flakes or a doughnut. I' ll take a few power bars to munch mid morning and do the PB&J if it' s going to be an all day hunt. I used to eat a regular size breakfast but then had to deal with heartburn from eating so early, needless to say the heart burn usually lead to my uncontrolable distributing unpleasant effervescence around my stand area. Never seemed to see many deer on thoes days.

Quick Reply: What does everyone eat for breakfast?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.