Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Picked up a Stealth Cam Today!!!

Old 09-03-2003, 08:16 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Default RE: Picked up a Stealth Cam Today!!!

I had to take the first one back. only had 6 exposures on it and the last 2 were of me. I could jump up and down in front of it and it do nothing....until I actually said it was going back to wal mart. HAd that film developed and only three turned out. 1 was empty woods the other two were me looking stupid. have 10 exposures on the new one. Been almost a week now. But it' s in the woods just 20 yards behind my garage. The feed spot right in front of the camera is all pawwed up by deer so I have hopes. I also think I will be taking it down when I take the film out this weekend. Want to let it be for a few weeks before I hunt it. That' s not my opening day hunt, but it will be my early morning hour or two before work hunt spot, and I want them to keep coming.

David
Old 09-03-2003, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well, I went and did it.....Walmart was out and so I headed to Gander Mountain and they had several...so I bought one tonight. I' m intending to put it out this weekend in my honey hole spot.

Wish me luck.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:53 PM

I jsut went and set mine up today at lunch, im excited to see what comes out. The deer have been hitting this spot pretty hard, now ill just see when theyre doin it at. Allthough, i think i do have fuji film in. Ill post pics if i get any.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:43 PM

Man guys, all this talk of the Stealth cam has me PUMPED up to check mine out on Friday and get the film developed. On Monday, one camera was at 7 pics and the other was at 12 pics, and I set these up Saturday evening

One thing that I forgot to add is that I set my camera lower than what the book says. They say to set it around 4 feet off the ground, but, I set mine around 3 to 3-1/2 feet off the ground. This works great for me as I have been getting perfect shots with it.

Only time will tell how well these cameras hold up, but, I can tell you one thing right now, they are a MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH, o yeah, did I mention MUCH, better camera than the Moultrie Game Cam II that I had last year, and these cameras are looking very very promising. I have had these out in the worst weather and they have stayed dry inside where as the Moultrie would be soaked from a misty rain.