Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i was finding trees to put my stand, climbed up and guess what happened

Old 08-31-2003, 10:44 PM

Default i was finding trees to put my stand, climbed up and guess what happened

i was climbing up the tree to cut some limbs so where i can climb a little bit higher well all of a sudden i look over on the ground at 10 yards was a little 6 six pointer looking around i froze he did not see me,he troted wright down the path going to the hay fields from the woods.

i seen a big 10 pointer in the same spot. this is where my season opener will be.

get up and hit the deer woods.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: i was finding trees to put my stand, climbed up and guess what happened

Great start...

Just because your not hunting, still be aware of your scent. Alot of hunters forget about scent control when scouting but leaving a lot of scent in an area prior to the season can change a deers patterns. As soon as you introduce human oder where there has been none, the deer can avoid that area. That is one reason why alot hunters say the best chance in a stand is the first time you use it and then it diminishes from there. I' m not saying you Bobcat 10, I' m just throwing out a suggestion for those getting ready to hang stands.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:53 PM

Default RE: i was finding trees to put my stand, climbed up and guess what happened

i have had no time to clean and cut lane lanes and cute limbs. but season is sept 27. i will not go back intill season starts no more scent on the ground.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

Rob/PA,
Great tip! That' s one a lot of people forget.

Bobcat,
I' m going up to scout and hang my stands next week. Good luck this season.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-12-2003, 02:13 AM

ya great tip Rob/PA Bowyer i didnt even think of that al the years i been hunting

Wow you do learn some thing in every day