Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Trick 100 and 125 grain test results

Old 08-31-2003, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Slick Trick 100 and 125 grain test results

Slick Trick 100 and 125 grain
Plywood: 5 points
Steel drum: 4 points
Tire: 2 points
Cutting diameter: 3 points
Accuracy: 5 points
Blades 4 points
Non-mechanical head 2 points
Total Score: 25 with a blade sharpness rating of B+

The Slick trick broadhead is a relatively new head to the market. It is a 4blade model with a 1 1/8” cutting diameter. One of the claims made by the manufacture is field point accuracy from a fixed blade head. I found this to be true from my bow, which is well tuned, and shooting good groups with most broadheads. I don’t have any records of group sizes when comparing different heads, but I have to say the Slick trick heads are as accurate as any I have shot.
In the tire test the head penetrated most of the way through, with the tip sticking out the back of the first side. In the plywood it busted through making one impressive hole! I have never seen a head make such a hole in plywood as the Slick tricks do! In the steel drum the head penetrated the first side, and then made a large hole in the back wall, with the tip and part of the blades sticking out the back. Again the hole it made in the drum was very impressive. Overall this is an excellent broadhead and one you should consider if you are looking for a great flying head that really punches a huge hole in what it hits. These are the most accurate fixed blade broadheads I have tested to date. They fly well with straight fletch as well as smaller fletching, and even out of bows that are not perfectly tuned. The performance of both the 100 and 125grain heads are identical. The only real difference is how much metal is in the ferule. The overall size and proportions are the same and the blades are interchangeable.
I should note a few things: First, the blade locking system is something like what Muzzy uses in their 4 blade heads, but not identical. This system makes for very secure blade retention, and easy assembly. The blade sharpness is much improved, and they will shave hair with very little work. I consider them ready to hunt with out of the package.
You may also note the how compact the heads are, and at first glance the blade angles seem fairly steep, but when compared to the blade angle of the bear razorhead bleeder blade, it is the same, so I figure if it’ good enough for Fred bear, it should work with the Slick trick heads. Over the last few years the Slick Tricks have gone through several improvements and I can now say that these are some of the best, fixed blade heads on the market. They combine mechanical accuracy with a large amount of cutting surface into a head with fixed blade reliability.

Old 08-31-2003, 02:08 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-01-2003, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Slick Trick 100 and 125 grain test results

Yep, no matter what you do someone will not listen, so You have to do the best you can with what they will allow you to do. Had a guy want me to tune his bow, I did so and got it shooting great. The peep needed adjustment, but he was not willing to come back over so I could get it lined up for him. then he wonders why his sights are off? I can' t baby sit everyone, but I would sure like too!
Old 09-01-2003, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

I did the same thing for a guy. I had his bow shooting bullet holes, and while I realize that there is a small bit of tweaking one must do to customize the bow to his or her shooting style, when he shot the bow it had a 5 inch tear! I couldn' t convince him that he was torqueing the bow (very badly). He couldn' t figure out why all five deer that he shot that year were all gut shot.

5Shot, did you notice the noise that the Slick Trick makes when shot? What do you think about that?
Charlie
Old 09-02-2003, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn' t notice any noise when I shot them. this is not unuseual though. some heads will make noise in flight when shot from one setup, and then be very quiet when shot from another. I don' t know why but it happens. I think feathers tend to be noiser and make more noise with differnt head vs vanes, but this is just an observation, I have not actually done any testing to prove it.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot one at 272 fps the other day and didn' t hear it. Landed 1" to the left at 30 yards. Probably me!!
Old 09-03-2003, 01:30 PM

DaveC...I love your signature
Old 09-03-2003, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, I' m trying to burn it into my memory and I figured reading it here (almost daily) would help me to do so.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

I was going to use the montec g5, after reading your test results I ordered
the slick tricks yesterday, I live in WI and the heads are coming from arizona
I hope they are here by the 12th our season starts on the 13th, if not I will just use my muzzys until they get here. Thanks 5 shot.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I took the plunge today and bought 125's to use next season. Seems like a lot of folks are very impressed with the heads. I'll let you know what I think after shooting them for a while. Thanks for your tests 5 shot.

Quick Reply: Slick Trick 100 and 125 grain test results

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.