Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK OK.. Lets see an example of some QUALITY photos...

Old 08-29-2003, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: OK OK.. Lets see an example of some QUALITY photos...

I' ll have a new one in a week or 2,,,,

Old 08-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice pics guys!!! That' s what I' m talking about![:-]

Taxman........well, Ok you get a " C+" garage, tongue etc.......but I' ll tell ya what man, that my be THE BIGGEST proudest smile I' ve ever seen on a guy so I' ll let it slide!Nice deer and your pride for that animal is showing regardless of where it' s hanging.

Ok I opened my big mouth and made fun of Jerry Sanford of Stealth Archery for not knowing how to scan and post pics so I' ll make up for it and put his 1st Pronghorn from this past week up here for him as an example........nice pic. SMILE JERRY it doesn' t hurt! [&:]

I' ll try to post a few more later on.......
Old 08-29-2003, 02:49 PM

Here we go.........

This ties into two of the posts....

I am PROUD AS HECK of this doe. I tried cleaning up the deer as much as possible, but, time wasn' t on my side. I had to use truck lights and a spotlight just to get a pic. Notice the smile!!!! How about the bow!!!!

Old 08-29-2003, 07:01 PM
AK

Neat shot Matt. Getting good after dark pics like that is tough to pull off. Headlights and a spotlight help, as does getting close, and of course using the flash, but they seldom turn out as nice as yours. Here are morning/evening pictures from last season...same day coincidentally. Nothing spectacular gamewise, but I try my best (within the confines of cheap camera equipment) to take decent pictures.

Hunting Album Link:
http://community.webshots.com/album/62480817RzOwnm

Old 08-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks AK, but I can' t take credit for that Pronghorn pic.......Jerry sent it to me and asked if I' d help get it on the board for him. I agree very nice for a night shot.
I always like your pics too........nicely done with the whole traditional look to them. Very special trophies taken that way congrats!

**Here' s a pic of me from a few years back, that I think pretty much illustrates what I look for and why I haul a camera along..........Its not the biggest buck I' ve shot, but its probably my favorite hunting picture. And also to illustrate a point: This picture was taken in the field with a FREE disposable camera that didn' t even have a flash!There was one small opening of early morning sun sneaking thru and I made the most of it with my buddy Frank working the camera.** [:-]
Old 08-30-2003, 10:05 AM

Those in the woods shots are the best

But sometimes because of time they can be hard to get. If you are left with taking a picture at home - just try to get something nice in the backround. A bush or some trees = and keep the house, car and lawnmower out of it

I had to do that with this deer - I just used some nice bushes. And got in close to keep the " junk" out of the picture. I am guilty of a little arm stretch though

Also, put your camo back on - T-shirts with Iron Maiden across the front don' t always make for the best " game shots"

My sig pic is also at a house

Old 08-30-2003, 11:15 AM
nub

Sounds like a case of antler envy. []

Old 08-30-2003, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

Here is a good picture of my brother and I, with
his buck from last November. This switchgrass
field made for an excellent background.

Unfortunately, it took us a few years before we
learned how to take quality pics[:' (]. This is one
of the few pictures I have of my 1st bow kill-
terrible picture of a beautiful buck.

A few things that have helped with the quality
of our pictures:
* Clean the animal. Blood, as well as, entry & exit
wounds can ruin a picture.
* Determine the animal' s most impressive feature
and shoot from the camera angle that shows it
best.
* Skyline the animal if possible. This will ' clean up'
the picture and help focus on the animal & you.
* Take pictures early and late in the day when the
sun is at a lower angle.
* Get close....for pics showing off the rack, frame
only the front half of the animal.
* Shoot lots of film. We try and take a entire roll
of film (24 pics) of every animal we take with a
bow. It takes that many to get a few that stand
out from the rest.

TB
Old 08-31-2003, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here' s me and my brother a few weeks ago. We always try to get down low on the picture, and make sure to center things up. We could of done a better job at cleaning up the blood in the rocks though.

I' m not sure what else to add to this photo. The only thing I wish I would of done is left my camo on and trim some of the grass around the bulls face.

I could of smiled in this picture, but I like the angle, and how it shows the size of the bear.

This one came out a bit dark, and I wish I would of turned the moose' s head a little more, but all in all, I don' t think it is a bad picture.

Here is a night picture of the black bear I shot this spring. The guy taking the photo stood there instead of get down either level, or just below us. Also, you need to watch for blades of grass or twigs in the way of the photo, otherwise they will reflect, especially at night. I should of moved my pack, and cleaned up the blood a little better, but it was late at night and we were all tired.

This last one is a great picture, but I wish we would of taken it before the animal was cleaned out. These are my favorite types of pictures though when family and friends are in the photo with you.

Guess I need to get back out there and practice some more for trophy photos.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

This photo was cropped to fit on the web page in my bio but the real photo is larger but gives the perspective of the photo.

Here' s a shot with my last years trophy.

And yet another.

Quick Reply: OK OK.. Lets see an example of some QUALITY photos...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.