Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whisker biscuit for fingers

Old 08-26-2003, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default whisker biscuit for fingers

i just bought a whisker biscuit, my son has shot one for 2 yrs now and loves it, now my friend asked me if i would put a post on here asking if anyone shoots a biscuit with fingers and if so how do you like it.
thanks
Old 08-26-2003, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: whisker biscuit for fingers

Wilk, I' ve never tried fingers out of a WB, so I can' t say from experience. I don' t use sights and I' d be looking at a blob of whiskers instead of what I' m shooting at if I tried it. But I have seen a few posts on various forums where guys are doing pretty good with them and shooting fingers. There aren' t many left nowadays that shoot fingers with compounds and not many of them shoot a WB, so it' s going to be tough finding someone to give advice on it. This is one of those things where your friend will just have to bite the bullet and give it a try if he thinks it' s something he wants to do.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:02 AM

Default RE: whisker biscuit for fingers

First I' ll giv you a little back ground. I have shot compounds for 14yrs. with fingers. I also shoot a recurve just for fun.

I tried the WB Droptine this past fall. I was not personally happy with the accuracy I was getting I shot it with aluminums and I even tried snipping out sections of whiskers for fletching clearance. Out to 20yrds it shot well enough but nothing I tried would make me happy wiht the groups I got at 30yrds. I will say that all things being relative I could place all my arrows in the kill zone of a small mckenzie deer target at 30yrds. They would however be all over the kill zone. If I can not keep a group inside the 10 ring at that yardage then I need to try something different, but that' s just me.

I also bought the carbon ring and tried carbons through the rest. I was still not happy.

I can only say try and see what it does for you. Everyones shooting style is different and it may perform wonderfully. As for myself I' ll be selling my droptine in the near future.

JonR
Old 08-26-2003, 06:51 PM

Default Useing the Whisker Biscuit with Fingers

The Carolina Archery Products website does reccomend flattening the bowstring side of the whisker biscuit for finger shooters. This modification lessens the side to side bounce and tension of the rest, sort of like lowering the spring tension on a prong rest. Finger release or mechanical release this rest performs well with the correct spine arrows for the bow. Underspined arrows will bend and flex as they fly through the rest and that raises hell with the fletching and accuracy as well. Good luck hunting!