Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Copper Johns Super Service!!!!!!!

Old 08-25-2003, 11:31 AM

Default Copper Johns Super Service!!!!!!!

This past summer I purchased a Copper John Dead Nuts Pro sight with 5 .019 pins. Well this weekend while at the Potter County Bowhunters Festival, Some how 2 of my red fiber optics got broken. Well I contacted Copper John This A.M. and within an hour I had an email asking for my mailing address so they could send me an assortment of replacement fiber optics for my Dead Nuts Pro Sight. What great customer service. They make a great product and I would have reccomended them on that alone but when you provide super customer service That is how you make lifelong customers. I know they made a lifelong customer out of me. I just wanted to pass along this info to all who care enough to deal with a quality company such as Copper John. Just as a side note this sight alone helped me cut my group size in half.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Copper Johns Super Service!!!!!!!

I am glad to hear that for a couple reasons. One, it is nice to hear when archery equipment manufacturers actually care about those who buy their products...

...and, two, I have a Copper John DeadNuts Hunter on my Patriot.

Old 08-26-2003, 02:02 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-27-2003, 04:29 AM

Hey Elkshot, You first want to check your knock point I usually set mine at 1/4" above square even though i' m shooting carbons. I' ve set up a couple of people this way and it has worked so far. Next make sure you are using the topmost pin for your shortest yardage. This might seem very elementary but when I first started bowhunting I used the bottom pin as my shortest yardage pin, Dumb Huh. Also set the prongs on your rest so that they are even with the plunger hole in your riser. If your knock point is right you shouldn' t have a problem with getting all your pins set up. Oh by the way you won' t be dissapointed by the Copper John I love mine.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Elkshot,

My opinion....

...reset your rest so that the arrow is adjusted for appropriate " centershot" and set the arrow so that it passes squarely over the arrow rest mounting hole in the riser. Adjust nock height so that the arrow is perfectly perpendicular with the bowstring.

This is the base that all bow setups should begin with.

Now, play around with your peep sight position a bit. What I have found with many archers that complain about too short of a sight window is that they anchor relatively low on their face thus forcing them to use a " high peep" position. This in turn forces them to move the sight up so high that they run out of room with the sight window. What I have them do is move the peep sight down a bit and adjust their reference points accordingly.

In your case I would do just the opposite. Instead of moving the peep sight down as in the case above I would suggest moving it up. Your sight should follow. Then you are going to have to be patient enough to become accustomed to the new reference points on your face.

Hope this helps some.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:02 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]