Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How far do you hunt from where you park?

Old 08-23-2003, 10:55 PM

Default How far do you hunt from where you park?

Just curious. I hunt on public land(no gun deer hunting aloud, only archery), and I go 3 miles. It was 2, but they moved the parking lot 1 more away from where it was. I can' t use any motorized vehicle. I can ride my moutain bike 2 1/2 miles down the graveled levee, then I carry my stand the last 1/2 mile. I made a 2 wheel cart, which I attach to the bike for hauling in my climber stand or hauling out my deer. This year I want to make a rack for carring my stand on my bike, so that I can just use the cart for the deer.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How far do you hunt from where you park?

Two to four miles minimum. But I park when I get to my campsite then I don' t move the truck for at least three weeks. Everything I do is on foot.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

It depends on where I' m setting up. I have a few places where I can be hunting with-in 150 yards of my truck. MOST of my spots though are 1/4 mile to a mile + away.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:48 AM

300 yards to 1/2 mile.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

I ride my Big bear to all my huntin spots whether on our lease or on public land. I usually park within 150-200yds of my huntin spot. sometimes a little further, depends on the area I' m huntin.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Usually between a 1/4 mile and mile..depends on where I hunt. If I am with my fatherinlaw...closer. He cannot get around as well since his knee surgery.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

id have to say no more than a mile but mostly within a couple hundred yards because im fortunate enough to have roads cut through most of my hunting areas. and its all public hunting grounds.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

wrongway. can u post a picture of the rack for you bike, when u finish it?
Old 08-24-2003, 02:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Considering the fact that the area I hunt has roads interlaced throughtout it I think it would be relatively hard to walk more than a half mile from any given road. Having said that I would guess approximately 1/4 to 1/2 mile to any given stand.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' m with PABowhntr. I hunt about 1,000 acres and there are logging roads all thru it. Also my parents house sits on one side of it, and I often hunt on the edge of their pasture which is only 300-400yrds from their house. But if hunt the interior woods, I drive my 4-wheeler about 1/4 mile or a little farther, from where I hunt.

Quick Reply: How far do you hunt from where you park?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.