Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2002 Bow Hunting Season - Let' s Share

Old 08-22-2003, 01:52 PM

Default 2002 Bow Hunting Season - Let' s Share

I finally figured out how to post pictures, so I thought I would post a couple! I' m getting really excited about the upcoming bow season and thought we could share some pic' s and hunts.
This buck responded to my calling sequence at about 5:15 pm the last day of my hunt. I saw his Left G-2 from 80 yards out and knew this buck was BIG! Because this was the biggest Buck I had ever seen with a Bow in my hand, I forced myself to not look at his horns AGAIN! At 25 yards and quartering away, I mouth grunted this buck to a stop and let er fly. The shot was true and I watched the buck fall to his demise at a mere 40-50 yards from impact. Little did I know, that he was not the only buck who was RESPONDING to my calls! When I dropped the string on this guy, I had a buck out in front of me, a buck behind me to the right and buck behind me to the left (all of them respectable in the their own right!) When my arrowed buck ran off the buck behind me and to the left chased him. I guess he figured the arrowed buck was the ole boy that had called him out. Once my arrowed buck collapsed, the other buck stood over him with what looked like a " get up....you called me out....and I haven' t even touched ya yet, look" . I decided to wait for darkness to fall before laying hands on my biggest buck to date!!! So I made a soft grunt call to see what this other buck would do. When I grunted, he threw his head up but then quickly looked back down. So, I did it again.....same reaction. I then picked up my horns and give them a slight tickle. THAT DID IT!! This was all this buck would take. He jumped and turned in the air. This buck ran flat out with ears pinned back and grunting directly towards my ladder stand. In what seemed like a millisecond, the buck had closed the 50 yard gap and was still moving a Mach 1. He ran underneath my stand, leaving my SHAKING to say the least and stopped behind me some 10 yards away. All the years that I have bowhunted, I have never had an experience quite like this!!!!! It' s what hunting is all about - THE MEMORIES OF THE HUNT! Good luck to everyone this year and hope you get the one your after.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:55 PM

Default RE: 2002 Bow Hunting Season - Let' s Share

This is a Fallow Deer that I killed in Late September of last year

Old 08-22-2003, 01:56 PM

This is a nice eight pointer that I took of my ranch in Claremore, OK

Old 08-22-2003, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

That first one is a great looking deer, supertall. Talk about a basket rack! Congrats!!
Old 08-22-2003, 01:59 PM

Finally, Couple of pigs we took in late September of last year. Notice my buddies pig! He had been bowhunting for 5 years with no kills to his name and finally he got one, with style! Notice his arrow is sticking threw the pigs temples!

Old 08-22-2003, 02:56 PM

Nice deer!