Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rangefinder ?

Old 01-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rangefinder ?

Has anyone had any experience with the Wildgame Innovations R500X Rangefinder?

Thanks
Croc2116
Old 02-07-2012, 03:55 AM
Fork Horn

I have not had any dealings with that RF.. I still have my sllightly older Bushnell scout..
Old 02-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope they are better than most of their trail cameras. After 3 years of bow hunting I have come to the conclusion that a range finder for woods hunting is not needed. All but one of my shots have been under 20 yards, only one ways between 25 to 30. Out west and in the open I could see them being a good tool for a skilled hunter who can make longer shots with the right equipment. If you hunt in heavy woods and practice regularly you can svae money by not buying one.I have rarely had time to use mine when a deer comes into range and have taken every deer I have hit with my bow because I take good shots most of the time. I have clean missed 2,one of which I should never have taken at 40 yards. This is my opinion but I really believe it's one more gadget we bow hunters can do with out most of the time.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

its ok...as far as cheap rangefinder goes...it works in low light, but ya cant read the darn thing.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Spike

Most of my hunting is in South Dakota, but like most; shots are generally under 20 yards. Absolute necessity for archery antelope. Would never shoot at a deer at 50 yards, but often it is as close as you can get on an antelope stalk.