Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

All this talk of deer hunting

Old 08-22-2003, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: All this talk of deer hunting

Hey nub next time put the wifes on first then about 4 min later put yours on so you can have it med-rare. Sounds like a winning recipe.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:57 PM
nub

jersey: Thats what I did tonight with the last 6. On top of that, mine were a solid 2" cut. Melted in my mouth![:-]
Old 08-23-2003, 09:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I got to get a log and post all my smart a$$ed remarks so I know where to look for trouble. Here I' ve been slandered for a couple days and didn' t know it. I guess the mind went with the teeth. No smart come back. I know when I' ve been outdone. I' ll lick my wounds(since my bite is gone) and slink off to gum you another day.[:' (] Another reason I didn' t get right back is that while most of you are dreaming of last year and eating 10 month old freezer burned venison.... some of us are hunting and bringing home the fresh stuff. Nailed a nice doe this morning that is still so fresh she' d eat your dang " rotten meat marinade sauce" . Ya' ll enjoy that " Aged" venison and eat your crow while you can. Just remember there' s always a bald eagle high above ready to pounce on your butt if you hang it out to far.[:-][&:]
Old 08-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

David-you need any help with the " young uns" give me a call, I' ll get my wheelchair over there pronto. You got any place to plug in my liver machine???
Old 08-24-2003, 09:02 PM

That does look good...but I prefer no bacon...it' s too distracting.
We' ve been using Spicecraft Beef & Venison Marinade. It' s great. Just fix up a batch and throw your frozen meat in the container and let it thaw all day. Then take it out and grill it. Yum, yum! I' ve served it to guests and only the ' seasoned' hunters knew it was venison.