Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scouting cameras

Old 08-22-2003, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: scouting cameras

I have 4 game cameras: a Photoscout by Highlander, 2 Moultrie' sand a Buckshot Scout. By far the best is the Photoscout by Highlander. I have had this camera 2 years and it works perfect. The buckshot is good but uses batteries faster. The Moultrie' s have been sent back and worked on more than once and they just aren' t as reliable. However, the people at Moultrie are as good as it gets for service.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-22-2003, 02:29 PM

The batteries in my EZ cam seem to last about a month to six weeks also.
Old 08-22-2003, 03:53 PM

I have the non-typical game cam here and love it. Works excellent and I have never gotten a picture with nothing in it. I shopped around and found it for $220.00.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Buckshot 35. There is a guy on EBay who has some at an unbelievable price (almost too unbelievable).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9&category=383
Old 08-23-2003, 03:40 PM

walmart sells the stealth cam for 65.00 which is great, and to make the deal a little sweeter Deer and Deerhunter October 03 has a 20 dollar rebate offer on page 161.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Buckshot 35 and it works excellent. The heat sensor makes sure the pictures you get will have a animal in it. I have pics of Deer, Coyotes, a Pheasant, Snowshoe Rabbit, and others. The only drawback i see is dont forget your magnets when you run out to change/check film. Other than that the camera works great. I recommend changing the batteries every time you change the film too.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve had three different cams. Here they are from good to bad:

#1. TrailTimer Photohunter. The batteries last a long time (2+ months even in the winter!). 95% of my pictures are of deer. These take a picture as soon as motion is detected, not all cameras do that and for some reason none of them say whether they have ' instant picture' or not. I' ve had mine in the woods for over 2 years and only took it out once! (to replace the camera after a raccoon attack). I have hundreds of pictures. Now they have some new camo which REALLY conceals it.

#2. TrailTimer EZ-Cam. They improved a couple things with the EZ-Cam. It really does seem to be water proof. You can chain this one on a tree. And, your pictures won' t wash out like they can in the photohunter if you aren' t carefull. The negatives are there is a slight pause after motion is detected before it takes the picture. Also, you have to open the case up to turn it on or off. Another nice thing is you don' t have to take the back off to change the (1,5,10 minute) delay between events.

#3. Leaf River Trail Scan. It looks really nice and has some nice features. But there is about a 3 second pause after motion is detected before it takes the picture. So don' t put the ' Trail Scan' on a trail because the deer walk by before the picture is taken. It does have time AND date imprint not just time OR date. Went right back to the store.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have any of you guys tried the Lithium-Ion batteries to see if they last any longer?
Old 08-24-2003, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mike from texas............I replied here earlier and with the Trialtimer Photohunter the directions say to use lithium batteries. I consistently get 3 months when using those batteries.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: scouting cameras

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.