Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my sight pins and my accuracy!

Old 08-15-2003, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default my sight pins and my accuracy!

ok i have medium to large pins which gather tons of light but they don' t have the pin point accuracy i want.... should i get an extention for my sights so the pins are smaller and farther away or should i just get smaller pins? my cousin who i shoot with has smaller pins and out shoots me all the time... i can' t really pick a spot on the target because the pins cover up too much space.... what should i do?
Old 08-15-2003, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: my sight pins and my accuracy!

Trophy ridge makes a grest sight in .19. it is the matrix micro. The housing of the sight is wrapped in fiberoptic material to make it nice and bright. It also has a spot so you can put glow sticks in the housing to make the pins glow bright no matter the lighting condition. Plus all adjustments are tool free. All in all it is a great sight. A little on the expensive side though. good luck!!!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 01:56 PM

How large are they??

There is always a compromise between visibility and dead nuts persision when it comes to pins.

I shoot .019 now and see no real " hunting" accuracy diff between them and the .029 I have shot for years.

if I am on a 5-spot target and looking for x' s I may opt for the smaller pin.

At 25 yds a .029 pin only covers 7/8th inch of the target so it cant hurt accuracy to much.

maybe your cousin is just a better shot
Old 08-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

i think they' re .29

thing is that when i shoot it covers more than i want and i guess it just makes me mad that i can' t get a bigger veiw of where i want my arrow to hit...

and no for the record i am the better shot.... hes just more consistent....but thats cause i have crappy arrows.... i plan on buying some carbons really soon!

[>:]then i' ll show him[>:]
Old 08-15-2003, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

If u cant find a good pro shop around u for the arrows check this place out, there very helpful www.mtnarchery.com