Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crest and fletching

Old 08-15-2003, 05:25 AM

Default Crest and fletching

I started thinking while reading another thread (Dangerous). If you use one of the ez crest, do you need to get it off if you have to refletch. Is it a pain in the hind side to get the ez crest off the arrow? Can you refletch with out taking the crest off? When taking the vanes off how does the ez crest hold up. I think I really want to try cresting but don' t want to make refletching any more difficult than it already is. I suspect I would get a better bond between the crest paper and the vane, but just want to hear what you guys have to say first.
B
Old 08-15-2003, 06:04 AM

Default RE: Crest and fletching

Unfortunatly you cannot refletch arrows without taking the arrow wrap off. They are pretty easy to take off, but to make it easier heat them with a hair dryer and they come off very, very easy. I know the eze-crests are pretty expensive any where from $15 to almost $20 for a dozen. I have found that you can go to a sign company in your area and get 2mil premium vinyl and use that and you can get probably enough plain vinyl to do about 6 dozen arrows for about $10. In fact 2mil vinyl is exactly what eze-eye uses to make their wraps it says so on their website. You can also get them to print something on the vinyl but it will cost you a little more. I personally got 8 dozen wraps with logos on them for $48, that breaks down to about $6 a dozen. A heck of a lot cheaper than eze-eye and i' m not limited to only a few designs. And I have also found that feathers and vanes do seem to adhere better to the wraps. I just got some of my new wrapped arrows fletched so i' ll have to take some photos of them and post them on this board.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

A buddy of mine that uses them said to soak the end of your arrow shaft in water for about 20 minutes and they come off with ease. I' ve included a link to the Cabela' s store for a look at the wraps.

http://www.cabelas.com/information/A...ps0014533.html

Luck,
Bob
Old 08-15-2003, 09:49 AM

Pa hardwoods is correct! You cannot refletch an arrow that has been crested with Eze eye. They are not difficult to get off. Your fletching sticks much better with the cresting on. I have had great results using Goat Stuff Glue.