Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you use scent that is 1 year old or older?

Old 11-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Would you use scent that is 1 year old or older?

If you had some left over Golden Estres from last year would you use it? or purchase a new bottle? Does it go bad? Wondering!

CVG Ohio
Old 11-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

it goes bad, buy new.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

I had a code blue doe esterous bottle that was a year old and I used it....4 different bucks came into my area.....CVG....I hunt in the same area.....Glen Este.....
Old 11-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Doughboy, have you heard of Amelia?

East Fork Wildlife area is mostly where I go.

CVG Ohio
Old 11-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Doughboy2
I had a code blue doe esterous bottle that was a year old and I used it....4 different bucks came into my area.....CVG....I hunt in the same area.....Glen Este.....

I had the same and it was "sewage" smelling this year. Maybe it has something to do with storage as well, mine was in the garage all summer (hot at times), who knows.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

i keep all my scents in the fridge and they do well but i still always buy a new bottle i mean its not like they r THAT much... when i shoot a buck near or in the rut i always salt the tarsals and freeze them and they work wonders the next year so i agree its all how u store them
Old 11-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Spike

I also keep my scents in the fridge and use them the following year.I use Bob Kirschner's scents and when you call to place an order he's the person you talk with.He told me as long as you keep it cool it will work just as well if not better. I've had great results using his scents.I made about a 200 yard drag line and had a big 10 pointer follow it right in.He stopped and was looking for the hot doe,giving me a perfect broadside shot.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

I've used leftover scents from the year before, but fresh or leftover doesn't seem to matter to me. I don't have much luck using scents. Now that the run is on, I will try again and hopefully this will be the year I get a nice buck to come in to some scent.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought some fresh scentand noticed that there is no date on the Doe Pee. I checked out all the different ones that D*cks had and non of them had a date on the bottle. Also I noticed they all say botteled during the rut, so question is last years rut? Because the rut is now starting here so they could not have bottled it this year. I know I am becoming very skeptical of some of the products on the market. I guess it is how you store it. Is this stuff a chemical composition or actually Doe Pee?( and who held the bottle? ;D)

Sorry about the rant.

CVG Ohio

Last edited by CVG Ohio; 11-04-2011 at 04:38 PM.