Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I shouldn' t listen to you!

Old 08-14-2003, 02:00 PM

Default I shouldn' t listen to you!

After reading the thread about " group size at 25 yards" , I decided to shoot a bunch of them and try to get an average by actually measuring them. I averaged approx. 3.75" for 10 groups at 25 yards. If I threw my worst arrow out, it fell to 3" . It was measured from outside of the arrows furthest apart. This was worse than I thought it would be.

The group below ruined me. It' s probably why I think I' m better than I really am. Fortuantely, they were practice arrows that I usually " blank bale" with, so no great loss. I was happy to see the robinhood happen on the arrow closest to the center of the 2.5" dot. This group was 7/8" . LOL, I won' t do that for another 50 groups or more.

Old 08-14-2003, 02:10 PM
nub

Default RE: I shouldn' t listen to you!

Nice group. Too bad you didn' t bust that purdy pink nock instead. []

I wonder if anyone has ever shafted a shafted shaft? Or double Robin Hood?
Old 08-14-2003, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shooting but the pink knock looks odd []
Old 08-14-2003, 02:50 PM

That' s a nice group, keep practicing and you we will get better groups. Currently, I am not shooting as good as I would like to, so I practice daily and I know that soon my groups will tighten considerably. Practice is the key with bowhunting. Also, don' t put too much emphasis on your groups, they mean little in bow hunting. You should be more concerned about being able to calm yourself and put ONE arrow in the killzone of a buck.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thusly why I never shoot for the same mark twice. You can still consider it grouping when aiming for lets say, 5 different marks and all your arrows hit the same place on each of the 5 markds. That way your not busting nocks and still know where your bow is shooting.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

...Heh heh heh.... First let me say " Super group" !!!!! [:-] Very very impressive. Just think what you could do with " good" arrows!

I am always amazed how we tune, tweak, test, and generally try to get better...sometimes to our own hurt. Sometime ago I was testing broadheads through the chrono at fifty yards so I could see the actual results. I know a guy can plug into a program and get reliable results, but what kind of fun is that? I ended up ruining a few arrows and with my last shot clipped the reflectors on my chrono. The white plastic pieces above the chrono when sliced in two stood up and parted like the red sea. From my vantage point the arrow never appeared to go of course. It was cool to watch (I guess you had to be there) but that little experiment was sure hard on the equipment.

Nub, a fingers shooter that I met in Colorado and hunted elk with one afternoon last year claimed he " double hooded" one time. I didn' t see it obviously so I can' t verify it. I' m sure it has been done...however never by me.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

At my local pro shop Chips sports center in trumbull county ohio he has quite a few triple stack robins hanging on the wall. Around the range there are literally hundreds of robin hoods and i would guess maybe 10 triple stacks. I personally have never tripled them up either.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I came close to doing that twice today but darn rest hte time my shooting stunk. Today was my first time shooting my new bow, and i havent shot any bow sense last season. I got some good groups going but need to practice, dont think i want a robin hood though sense these carbons cost to much [8D]
Old 08-14-2003, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nub

Yes it has been done,there is a picture on a companies web page but I can' t remember where it is at

Thanks for getting my mind thinking about something that I just can' t seem to remeber.[&:]

This should drive me crazy untill I remember.[]
Old 08-14-2003, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I found it,I found it !!!!!

Not a double but a triple []

www.flexfletch.com/images/Robinh4.jpg

Sorry but it is a double,the picture looked a little fuzzy and looked like 3,oh well I still found it.

Quick Reply: I shouldn' t listen to you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.