Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I shouldn' t listen to you!

Old 08-14-2003, 10:22 PM

Default RE: I shouldn' t listen to you!

Unless I am looking at that wrong its 4 arrows stacked together....[]
Old 08-14-2003, 11:22 PM
Fork Horn

nope ones just slanted up from underneath.... man thats a wierd looking guy.... hope i didn' t offend anyone...if i did....... sorry
Old 08-15-2003, 12:15 AM

I wonder if anyone has ever shafted a shafted shaft? Or double Robin Hood?
I' ve seen a photo of it done on a local target archery magazine. I think he was shooting at 40 metres and robinhooded an arrow that was robinhooding another arrow[]. They were all still stuck up the butt of each other. Damn good shot if you ask me.

Stalkin steve
Old 08-15-2003, 04:22 AM

dont think i want a robin hood though sense these carbons cost to much
Yep, ...Yea me too. Just cant afford to replace those arrows. Yea I purposely try NOT to do any robinhoods. I just make smiley faces with my groups.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the locals around here has a few triples and many, many doubles to his credit. he used to work for PSE I think. Fletched up a lot of arrows for Easton catalogs too! He' s very knowledgable....VERY!
Old 08-15-2003, 07:36 AM

hey tfox you sure it' s not four stacked ? the title comes up as robinhdfour or something like that , i saved the picture and later i' m gonna blow it up in photoshop and see if it is four thats impressive !

Old 08-15-2003, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

The guy in the picture is Norm Lewis. He' s been the Maryland state champ for a couple years now. He is the local weatherman on TV --a job he' s performed for quite some time.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:39 AM

I think it is four arrows.....Look real close...Plus when you save it it says robinhood4
Old 08-15-2003, 08:47 AM
nub

Unless that guy has a nub, he' s holding up 3 fingers. Could just be a pic count number. I think the guy AE met accomplished something even more difficult. He shot his with fingers. Now that would be some great form. I never knew it was so common a occurence.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is the link that states it was a double robinhood.

www.flexfletch.com/newpage2.htm

Robinhoods can be avoided or accompished with the way the arrows are built.I build arrows to prevent it from happening.I always use unibushings and g-nocks and this makes it much harder to robinhood and reaaly protects the back end of carbons.I have taken several nocks completely off and had to pull what was left,out with a screw that was heated up.Many more nocks have been split down the middle.Those would have been for sure robinhoods if the uni wasn' t there.

If I didn' t do this,I would destroy a bunch of arrows.Just something for those that are concerned about cost of arrows.Easy to avoid at home but when shooting with others on a 3-d range,it isn' t up to you sometimes.

Quick Reply: I shouldn' t listen to you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.