Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

broadhead target idea (and a cheap one!!)

Old 10-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default broadhead target idea (and a cheap one!!)

hey all, I havent posted in years but I rigged up something today I thought I should share. I went to gander mountain today to make sure my rages shot straight. Apparently they dont let you shoot broadheads there. So since I'm strapped for cash I took one of those cheapo foam ice chest, stuffed it with newspaper, stuck it in front of my field tip target (safety first) and voila. cheap broadhead target. So I figured I should share in case anybody is in my shoes.

Good luck and happy bow season
Old 10-06-2011, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now that's innovation at it's best. Now try stuffing it with all those plastic bags from the grocery store. I'll bet the whole thing will only last but one season, but for the money who cares?
Old 10-06-2011, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

yep. whole thing cost like 4 bucks. I cant even shoot at a range for that cheap
Old 10-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Fork Horn

beat u to it , been doin the foam cooler target thing fer a while myself ,i load mine with a large leather peace in the middle covering the center for all four sides, then pack in burlap bags around it ,i use 3 inch wood screws to hold the top on, and put a pull rope thru[hot glue around the rope so it dosnt cut thru foam] the top for carrying,it stops my arrows fine , no pass thrus yet, when it gets used up i pop the top swap the guts to a new cooler, and im off shootin again, my current one is on its 3rd month , i shoot every day,
Old 10-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Spike

I just picked up a bag of deer corn at Lowes and one side is their marketing and on the back side is a target. So after you empty it, restuff it we something like trashbags, paper etc and you have a broad head target.