Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i think i got another one for the hit list what do you think? lol

Old 09-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default i think i got another one for the hit list what do you think? lol

well i gotta work a 12 hour night tomorrow. but opening day of bow season is tomorrow so even though i gotta work i'm gonna make it out for 3 or 4 hours. especially after i got this the other morning on the trail cam at the stand that i am going to go to in the morning. i'm gonna say 150 maybe. what do you think shooter or not? lol
Attached Thumbnails i think i got another one for the hit list what do you think? lol-1.-big-10.jpg   i think i got another one for the hit list what do you think? lol-2.big-10.jpg  

Last edited by pearsontx4; 09-18-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:13 AM
Fork Horn

Shooter in my book. Hes mature 4 year old at least.

Edit : Just saw the second picture and didnt see the spread. Might be younger than I think maybe. Proably a 3 1/2 maybe even 4. Good deer but yea I just moved to Kansas and that is an average deer. Wait till hes 5+ he'll be a brute. I need to figure out whats the easiest way to post pictures on here. I got some good pic's you'd like to see from late summer off the bean fields. Got a 165 Ten. Huge bases 18-19 " spread, tall G2s G3s, Mass carries all the way out. Cant wait for weather to drop. Ill be out this weekend. FYI what part of KS you at? I hunt the Smolan area south of Salina. Got about 850 acres to my self from a farmer. (Best thing about it is it's free). What a blessing

Last edited by Hoyt21; 09-20-2011 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

If he was to walk in front of me, I would be drawing back onto him.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just a fawn from what I hear of Kansas deer.

Got a work the opener myself.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

Very nice buck! I feel your pain working long hours, it tough to motivate yourself! Pictures like those are motivation itself though! Good luck!!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

I don't know about the 150, he isn't very wide off his ears and the beams don't extend that far in front of his face.

I know you are like me and pass on young and small deer. Personally, I would pass this guy this year. Nice G2's, but I've seen your other deer!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IOWABUCKHUNTR
I don't know about the 150, he isn't very wide off his ears and the beams don't extend that far in front of his face.

I know you are like me and pass on young and small deer. Personally, I would pass this guy this year. Nice G2's, but I've seen your other deer!
I will pass small and young deer all day long. but if this guy walks in front of me he is gonna be getting a free ride in my truck. I think this is a 4 year old buck. But Width is only one measurement he has good main beams and good tine length Im still saying 150 but I will let you know. For sure when he is on the ground lol
Old 09-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by pearsontx4
I will pass small and young deer all day long. but if this guy walks in front of me he is gonna be getting a free ride in my truck. I think this is a 4 year old buck. But Width is only one measurement he has good main beams and good tine length Im still saying 150 but I will let you know. For sure when he is on the ground lol

He's definitely a big bodied deer and he has decent mass, I just wouldn't count him out for growing one more year! He's definitely got that deep belly sag, but I keep looking at the top of his back, it just doesn't have that deep "saddle" like I've seen in deer roundabouts his age... Hopefully he is 150" and hopefully he walks in front of you! Great Deer regardless of size and age!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Fork Horn

I never did look at that part of him i see what you are talking about now.i was just looking at his belly and his roman nose. We do have some great deer on this farm I don't know he may get a pass this year. Did u see that 9pt that I posted on here a few days ago? He is about 3 in a half and will go around 145.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by pearsontx4
I never did look at that part of him i see what you are talking about now.i was just looking at his belly and his roman nose. We do have some great deer on this farm I don't know he may get a pass this year. Did u see that 9pt that I posted on here a few days ago? He is about 3 in a half and will go around 145.
Yeah, that 9 looked a little young to me too! But it just goes to show that you are obviously doing something right when the 3.5 yo look as good as these guys! He was easily 140".

This guy, the more I look at him the bigger he keeps getting in my head. A straight 10 at about 150" for sure, but he just has that look to him, like he could explode next year. Either way, like my previous post he is a great deer!