Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

food plot question

Old 08-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Spike

Default food plot question

anybody had any luck with any of the "Throw and Grow" food plot options? i would like to try this in my area since the place I hunt has limited tractor access. I also would like to know some tips to make these plots succeed. All feedback is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

they are pretty good at growing on their own typically.. obviously soil conditions, moisture, and sunlight are gunna effect it but if you can get 1 or two of these right you should get a good little plot,,, i get best results planting these in hardword areas as opposed to piney areas, it will grow in pines but not as "pretty".. just rake the leaves back to expose the dirt, throw it out, rake back over it with a leaf rake just to make sure your getting good csoil contact and watch it work
Old 08-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Spike

Thanks, i appreciate it
Old 08-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

we put a couple bags out, werked great where we watered the piss out of it in the hot sandy hils of texas. the not watered did come up, but it was thin.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

It is mostly grass seed.Normally 97 or 98% rye grass with some clover in it.It will grow almost any place.