Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Glendel Buck Targets

Old 08-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Question Glendel Buck Targets

I need to replace my Cabelas 3-D target. i'm not really interested in getting the same one due to the fact it's small body target, like shooting a 1yr old doe. So i've been looking at glendel. I really like to practice quatering shots more than broadside, and was wondering if the body is a dense foam or hard plastic.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you're gonna spend the kind of money on a Glendel then scrap the Glendel and get a Rinehart. They will last a hell of a lot longer than a Glendel.

Rinehart makes a couple of deer targets that simulate a 250 pound buck. Big ten point and 30 point buck.

http://www.rinehart3d.com/products/#c1

But to answer your question the body is foam..... though junk foam.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Pretty pricey
Old 08-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not everybody has $500-$600 , the Rineharts are more than double the Glendel ???????????
Old 08-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

I got the chance to look at a rhinehart up close, i didn't like it. The foam was really stiff, i took my thumb and pushed in on rump of it and the indent stayed in the foam. It seemed like the target would chunk out after awhile.