Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody Used This Climbing Stand? Guide Gear Extreme Deluxe Climber Tree Stand

Old 09-10-2011, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default good price, but at my age . . .

would have to pass it up. 28 lbs and a 300 wt. capacity is more than I need. But I vary my stand locations and carry in and out.

Hanging on one tree on private land might work great. Some hunters might consider it a good two season write off to cover their small investment.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Spike

Looks like a cool stand, buuuuut I don't like the bolts holdin the frame together. I go for all welded frame.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:17 AM
Spike

I ended up fabricating my own straps out of some the foam pipe insulation and electrical tape. You can't even tell that it is barely back there now.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Spike

Default Guide GearŪ Extreme Deluxe Climber Tree Stand

Just ran across this thread and although outdated, thought I might contribute. We have used this stand in Korea DMZ for two years now. They are in use 365/yr and in many cases, moved and reset two or three times/day. This stand is indestructible. Like anything else, your equipment is what you make of it. Most of the Ameristep and High Priced climbers are way overrated IMO. We have wore out numerous $250 climbers (nylon bushings, inferior materials),,,many only lasted a couple months. Of our six Guide Gear stands, all six are in excellent condition. I am 6'4" and weighed in at 264lbs this AM. I don't think I am out of shape,,,my last body fat measurement was under 10%. That being said, I don't think 300lb capacity stands are made for "out of shape" people,,,just better made with higher quality materials. There are modifications that could easily be made,,,we cabled the pins for easy placement and dovetailed the alignment holes to make it "private proof" for night use. With Climbing Tree Stands, you don't necessarily get what you paid for. Due Diligence and positive attitude will make any piece of equipment functional if it is fundamentally sound from the get go,,,
Semper Fi,,,Gunny B Out,,,,
Old 09-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck