Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Moving to Iowa

Old 08-02-2003, 09:13 PM

Default Moving to Iowa

Where in the southwestern part of the state would you move if you had the chance? I need to stay within about 1hr of Omaha due to job, taxes are getting ridiculous here, the idiots in the legislature gave the local schoolboards the authority to raise our taxesthis year and it is already happening in Bellevue. Thanks for al responses!! Ronnie
Old 08-03-2003, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Moving to Iowa

Look east over the toll bridge. Oops sorry, you won' t be able to see me cause I usually wear camo. Our beer, tobacco, and gasoline is cheaper. (You can tell we got our priorities straight) Which hospital do you work at?
Old 08-04-2003, 07:21 AM

Default RE: Moving to Iowa

Follow me young grasshopper! LOL I moved from Omaha 5 years ago and you couldn' t drag me back there with a team of horses! As far as where to move to, good luck. When my wife and I looked for property, we couldn' t find anything under $3000.00/acre when we looked back in ' 98. You might look in between Red Oak and Glenwood. You might find something affordable there. But definately move to this side of the Missouri River. Then you can get an Iowa Resident deer license! LOL I moved out here by Creston. But that' s 2 hours from Omaha. Good luck.