Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Video taping your hunt? New option??

Old 07-31-2003, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Video taping your hunt? New option??

The last two years i' ve played with trying to tape some of my hunts. Holding the camera works fine for catching does on film but you can' t shoot that way. I tried the video cam on sivel arm attached to the tree. It got in the way, and the deer seemed to always come from the wrong way aand when getting ready to shoot the deer always moved out of the picture. I' ve been trying to mount the cam on my stabilizer but man is it front heavy!!!!!

I just ran across the TimBuckTu Cam website. This seems like a system that will work! A small 6 oz. camera mounts in your stabilizer hole. A small wire runs to your video camera that you put somewhere out of the way. This might work!!

Has anyone uses this or have any input!!!

Good Luck!
Old 07-31-2003, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Video taping your hunt? New option??

By the way......here is the website if you want to check it out:

www.timbucktuoutdoors.com

If anyone knows how to make this setup yourself......let me know.

Thanks!
Old 07-31-2003, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I seen on Ebay about 6 months ago a pen camera that you could clip to your cap and run the hot wire to the camera.
I almost brought it but never now I wish I did cause I have not seen them since[:' (].

It would have been perfect like an archers view of the whole event as it unfolds before,during, the shot, the flight of the arrow and the hit.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank Assie.....I remember you mentioning the pen cam but of course at the time wasn' t thinking about the video problem. If anyone has info on the Pen cam please jump in.

Good Luck!
Old 07-31-2003, 11:14 PM

Hat Cam

We also offer a hat cam that can be mounted to your own hat.
This came from the link that cloud 9 posted.....I would think that it may work the same way....or would it??

Old 07-31-2003, 11:30 PM

i seen them in cableas i want to buy one and i just might thanks for the reminder....

big al bowmansville ny wny
Old 08-01-2003, 03:56 AM

Ithink the only way to get good footage is to have somebody film the hunt for you. I realize two people is easier for game to spot than one but that' s what you have to give up if you want to get good video of the hunt.

I was thinking too that any bow-mounted camera might get a good shake when you shoot. It might not come out very well if it gets wobbled or torqued off target.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

I have been pondering the idea of setting up my video camera on the tripod and covering it up with some brush. I would sit it on manual zoom and zoom it in to about 30 yards so that more than likely the deer will show up clear on it. The only problem I have come across is that I would have to figure out the general direction that the deer were coming in. What do you think???
Old 08-01-2003, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you don' t mind poor quality on the footage, the Timbucktu will get ya footage, but it will not be quality footage by any means. And on your bow, you would probably get your shot on film, but do ya think ya can keep it on the deer after the shot and before the shot? With out a view finder, you just won' t know what you have until later, and then it' s to late to find out that you didn' t have the camara pointed where it needed to be. Also, concider that it is a fixed power, no zoom in or out. Is it worth the money, not in my opinion.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:02 PM

Im using the Extreme Shot camera mount. It comes with a single leg like a tripod that screws into a clamp that will clamp on anything smaller than two inches, or it has a bracket for treestand mounting, or a stake for the ground. I use the treestand bracket on the front of my treestand, it extends from about 18 inches to about 3 feet. I can pan the cam if I need to with my leg or by hand. It is pretty stable and uses any camera.

Quick Reply: Video taping your hunt? New option??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.