Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A little help with Bow Sights

Old 03-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Spike

Default A little help with Bow Sights

I am leaning toward the Montana black gold 7 pin Veangance. Do you guys have any experience with black gold products?

Also I wanted to get a feel for what people are doing when changing from field tips to broadheads.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

can't help ya on the black gold 'cause I'm a single pin HHA slider sight user, BUT you should be able to switch from your field points to the same weight broadhead and be good to go IF your bow is tuned AND if the broadhead spins true AND if your arrows are correctly spined for the poundage of the bow. If you screw on a braodhead of the same weight as the field point and they don't/won't strike very closely together on the target, then it's simply a matter of figuring out why, which isn't that hard. Go through a check list such as:
arrows correct spine?
arrows/broadhead spin true?
arrow with field point paper tuned?
fletching making contact?
good shooting form?
etc.
etc.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:39 AM
Fork Horn

In my opinion spot hogg is the best you can buy for a sight. You will absolutely love it