Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how different is the summit xl from xls

Old 01-27-2002, 09:35 PM

Default how different is the summit xl from xls

i just spent the last hour searching for the differences between the 2000xl and the 2001 xls. i planned on buying my cobraxls tonight but i found a viper xl closeout for 184$and free shipping, is the new one worth the extra bucks or should i buy the last years closeout
Old 01-27-2002, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: how different is the summit xl from xls

I am pretty sure I know what site you are talking about. I almost ordered it too, but I wanted the Cobra instead. From what I can tell, the 2001 Viper is just made a little different on the back of the platform and top. Both are aluminum. Where you at Greg and Matt?
Old 01-28-2002, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

The major difference between the XLS & XL is the seat. The XL has an air bladder seat...it's quite comfy too! The XLS has a foam seat that is supposed to be as comfy or more comfy than the air. The reason for the change(or so I've heard) is because the air bladder seats would begin to lose air or puncture easily.

I have a Bushmaster XL and a VIper XL. Both have the air seat, and neither one leaks...I've had them both for 3 years.

Old 01-28-2002, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

The major difference between the XLS & XL is the seat. The XL has an air bladder seat...it's quite comfy too! The XLS has a foam seat that is supposed to be as comfy or more comfy than the air. The reason for the change(or so I've heard) is because the air bladder seats would begin to lose air or puncture easily.

I have a Bushmaster XL and a VIper XL. Both have the air seat, and neither one leaks...I've had them both for 3 years.

Old 01-28-2002, 02:28 PM

I bought a XL about two weeks ago from natchez.com for $184 including shipping, great stand I love it. The XL has the air bladder and is the most comfortable I've ever sat in.