Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has any one seen the latest Matthews Add in Deer and Deerhunting?!?!

Old 07-27-2003, 07:41 AM

Default RE: Has any one seen the latest Matthews Add in Deer and Deerhunting?!?!

Bowfanatic you would make a great campaign manager for some politician. Only using part of my quote to change the entire context of what I said, that' s classic. If you' ll re-read it I never said I could do anything that anyone else can' t simply because of my choice of bows. If you' ll notice that later in my post I stated everyone ought to shoot what is comfortable for them. That in my opinion is the number one factor in being accurate with your bow, not whether it says Hoyt or Mathews or anything else on it.
TJ
Old 07-27-2003, 10:35 PM

Default RE: Has any one seen the latest Matthews Add in Deer and Deerhunting?!?!

If debating is a bad thing I' d hate to see what happens around your dinner table FF.
It sounds like your probably right most of the time so giving an alternative opinion is futile.
Thank GOD our politicians are willing to argue their point if they feel they are right. If they all said what is the point of arguing your point, it' s very childish, You could kiss our right to bear arms goodbye.
Maybe someone else needs a little growing up to do.
When you live where freedom rules there will always be a difference of opinion, and if we don' t debate it, if we take those freedoms for granted we become cattle and let others tell us what to buy, where to hunt, when to screw.
Point being, if a little diagreement gets your panties in a bunch, your in the wrong forum! (No Offense, Just Defense)
Old 07-28-2003, 08:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

At this point I find the entire issue rather amusing. It is almost as if the manufacturers took the " my bow is better than yours" arguing that typically occurs on many of these type of message boards and raised it to an entirely new level.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well said PABowhntr.

I own a bow from both manufacturers. How come I can' t like' em both?

I find good things about both. The negatives that each may possess are way over blown I can tell you that much. []
Old 07-28-2003, 09:42 AM

Give me repeatable test results from someone not working for either company or a magazine not receiving advertising money from either one and then I' ll consider one better than the other. Up to now it' s just been " My bow is better than yours" , " Is not" , " Is too" , thats very intelligent. I' m glad everyone else worries about what I' m shooting, it means they spend less time working on theirs.
TJ
P.S. Why would I have an opinion if I didn' t think it was right?
Old 07-28-2003, 09:58 AM

I could careless but Hoyt would have been better off saying this bow can go out of time and and still shoots good...Instead they said it cant go out of time...Plan and simple Lie....Mathews called them on it.....Nuff said....
Old 07-28-2003, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Instead they said it cant go out of time...Plan and simple Lie....Mathews called them on it.....Nuff said..
Kinda like when Mathews were pushing the new solocams[] What was it that they used to sell their bows? NO TIMING ISSUES? B.S.! Only difference is that Hoyt didn' t bother spending $$$$ on an advertizing add to call out Mathews , they just put their noses to the grind stone and continued making good bows!
Nuff said!
Old 07-28-2003, 10:37 AM

I am not going to fight with you I was just saying.....Plus you now owe me royalties Nuff said is mine....
Old 07-28-2003, 04:34 PM

The truth always seems to hurt the Hoyt guys....They came out with their own little add against Mathews now...no big deal though! It' s ridiculous that this add is still making people upset. I have nothing against Hoyts, but I can' t see why people would be mad at Mathews for finding a flaw in their competitors bows!
Old 07-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

What I find funny is that it always the ones that don' t own the cam 1/2 that seem to be experts on how bad the timing issues are or had bad the nock travel is or whatever mathews is crying about.

I find it ironic that Mathews might be the best customers that Hoyt has right now.I mean,with all the bows they seem to be buying from them to test.

I was talking with the person that builds my strings for me and he also is a world class tuner.I do mean that literally.He builds my strings and cables and then puts the bow on the Hooter Shooter to make all the adjustments at full draw.Well,since my bow was the first cam 1/2 he had put on his machine ,he decided to test it out.

He did all the usuall things,like creep shooting and twisting cables to make it be out of time.He told me that he tried to make the system fail and it simply would not.After shooting the bow for several months now, and doing my own testing with twisting and creep shooting.It always impacted very close to where it did when it was timed,as it did when it wasn' t.Now this is within reason ,of course.I can say I can' t make it fail either.I might fail as a shooter,but the bow always does it' s job.

The add said that no timing is required.That is a very accurate statement imo.The bow will shoot amazingly well,even if the modules are way off.It is at the very worst ,as accurate as Mathews claims of the 1 cam system.The timing issue is more of a feel issue.The cam system does feel better if " timed" .This in turn will make the person behind the bow shoot it better.I actually like the feel of mine when it is slightly out of " time" the top module is about 3 twist behind the bottom.It also stays there.

I really can' t wait for the 2004 models to come out ,so we can start beating on another horse. [8D]