Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wrist sling?

Old 07-25-2003, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default wrist sling?

is a wrist sling really that important?
Old 07-25-2003, 07:32 PM

Default RE: wrist sling?

It is for me - I couldn' t shoot without it - well I could, but only once

Actually my 03 Pat sits in there pretty good - but without a sling she still has a chance of hitting the ground.

My mathews on the otherhand, might make it to the target before the arrow
Old 07-25-2003, 08:12 PM
Banned

I think that a wrist sling is important. It helps me hold the bow up after the shot so it dont hit the ground. also it gives you better form on your shot. I dont think i could shoot without one. But before i got one i didnt think i could shoot with one. I think its up to each individual person
Old 07-25-2003, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its for people who shoot open handed, because some people tend to put a death grip on their bow and torque it all over the place. I use a closed grip but w/very little pressure, which is like an open grip just losely wrapped around so i do not need a sling, i always thought it would be a pain to get your gloved hand through there in the freezing cold.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

I have shot with a sling since about 1963. I helps me with conscitenct and avoid any torquing of my bow. I would find it difficult to shoot with a closed grip although my partners do.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:40 PM

No not at all.....In fact I have taken mine off...Both my 3-D rig and my hunting bow....These guys that shoot so called open hand watch one next time.....Thats right he grabs his bow....I get tickled everytime I see someone with their hand wide open when they are shooting only to grab has soon has they relese their arrow....
Old 07-26-2003, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

It' s not absolutely necessary, To each their own, But it is nice to know after you let that arrow fly the bow will still be up in the tree with you. Also you can' t torque it if you don' t hold it.
Old 07-26-2003, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t have a sling on my bow. I started with one but took it off a couple of years ago and won' t be putting it back on. Don' t have any problem shooting straight with out it. And I have yet to drop my bow
Old 07-26-2003, 04:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

To me it is psychological, I shot for years open handed without one and never dropped my bow once, but there were times where my groups would always have one or two arrows an inch or two to the right, when I got my new bow, it came with a wrist strap and I figured what the heck it can' t hurt, I put it on adjusted really loose, to be honest there is no tension at all on the strap when I am at full draw, I no longer get the mixed groups.
Old 07-26-2003, 06:45 PM

A wrist sling is your bow' s seat belt.

Quick Reply: wrist sling?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.