Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

KISKY WHITETAIL EXTREME III NO GOOD!

Old 07-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default KISKY WHITETAIL EXTREME III NO GOOD!

I has anyone seen this video yet. I watched it last night and thought it was terible. for two reasons. 1. all of the interviews were read off of Q-cards which made it seem pretty cheesey. 2. they must have gotten people with the worst shooting abilitites to hunt for them. just about every deer was shot in the evening and recovered the next morning. The shot placement on most of the deer shot was horible. to high, through the guts, to low etc. Now I' m not saying the I make a perfect shot everytime or I' m a perfect shot, but then again I also not making videos for thousands of people to see. I know that S**T happens and we can' t always do it perfect everytime but this video was a setting a bad example for the rest of us hunters to watch. After all, the people making hte videos are supposed to be " prefesionals" and teaching/helping us be better hunters. hitting deer with poor shots is not setting a good example and not being good role models.

A few of the deer killed while the camera man didn' t have the camera in focus. If they are truely hunting to make a business by selling videos they should make sure that they have the deer focused in the camera, good footage before and after the shot, and try to make good shot placement. When the deer were shot out of focus, it seemed like they were rushing to shoot, desperate to kill the deer cause it was a monster, and didn' t care about anything else but just getting an arrow somewhere in the deer.

I do think that it is good that left and came back the next day to find the deer, that is the responsible thing to do. but a few times while I was watching the video I thought " oh they will never find that one" and what do ya know the next morning there he lays just 100yds away from the tree. come on, ya all know as well as I do, (we have all made a few bad shots, just not for the whole world to see) that you don' t find every deer that was shot in the wrong place.

they also had a few segments of them finding shed antlers. finding both sides laying right next to each other. ya right, finding a shed is like finding a nedle in a hay stack, let alone both sides right next to each other. a few times after they shot a deer they would have the sheds from that deer from the past year or two to show how much he has grown. the only people i know that can have that many sheds of one deer, one or both sides, are people with deer farms. lets get real, what are the odds. if it' s all for real, I don' t know how they do it.

like i said i' m not perfect and neither is anyone else.
what I did like is the fact that they had two females hunting and a young boy.

if you get a chance, watch this video, you' ll see what I mean.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: KISKY WHITETAIL EXTREME II NO GOOD!

I can' t comment on this video because I haven' t watched but as a part time cameraman for a hunting video company I can tell you that what you watch and how that it really happened are rarely the same. But as far as that goes nothing that you see on tv or in videos is exactly how it was when they shot the footage. It' s impossible to do a video and have everything go perfect so that you don' t have to edit or do 2-3 takes.So the next time that you are watching your favorite Bill Jordan or Primos video just remember when they find the deer it has probably been the 6th or 7th time that they have found that same deer.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: KISKY WHITETAIL EXTREME II NO GOOD!

I understand that there is alot of editing involved. but the best of editing can not make up for poor shot and unfocused cameras.