Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help with rangfinders....

Old 07-21-2003, 11:09 AM
voz
Fork Horn

Default Help with rangfinders....

I' ve been looking at the lower end laser rangefinders ($200).....and I' ve noticed some say they have scan mode......but none of them explain what that means. What is scan mode? And what does it do for you?

Thanks
Old 07-21-2003, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Help with rangfinders....

I' ve been doing a little research myself. If I understand correctly, scan mode enables you to keep the button depressed on a moving target and get a continious reading on the distance, whether it move' s further away or closer.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:57 PM

My Bushnell Legend has the scan mode. When there is some brush or limbs between me and the animal I push the scan mode keeping the cross hairs on the animal. I watch the distance changing and I may only get 1 or 2 longer distance, as long a I feel I kept the cross hair on the animal or 3D I will shoot that distance. It works for me.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:15 PM
Typical Buck

bowfever is correct. Scan is for use on moving targets. The brush etc filter is called ZIP THRU. It filters returns from distancing through brush.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:25 AM

there is a good piece in the november 2002 bow hunting world where they test many different models.