Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAP Razorbacks????

Old 07-19-2003, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default NAP Razorbacks????

I was thinking of maybe goin to these heads this season and i was wondering if anyone has shot them yet. If so how do they shoot? and do u get good penetration like they advertise?

thanks
Old 07-20-2003, 01:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NAP Razorbacks????

If you want the same style head as the razorback, you should really take a look at the Magnus 4-Blade Stingers. I have just picked up some and did some testing. They fly right with my FP' s, ultra sharp out of the package and out penetrated other fixed head i have used (this includes: Muzzy, TH and Wasp SST' s) All 4 heads were 100 gr and shot with the same bow & carbon arrows. They look identical to the razorback but don' t rotate, which I think is a good thing. The blade seems beefier as well, although I have never shot the NAP offering. I just compared them at the local shop and went with a 3 pack of the stingers. I have already gone back and picked up another 6, I am very impressed you could say!

Just a thought, good luck!

Old 07-20-2003, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tested them last year and was not impressed. The are supposed to have been improved, but you still can' t change the bleeders or main blades and they didn' t prove very strong in my tests. On the other hand the Magnus stinger 4 blade 100 grn was very strong, sharp and accurate. You can also sharpen or replace both the main and bleeders blades when needed. I think the Magnus head is just a much better product overall.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

I' d have to agree with the other guys. I also tested this head and the first thing to go was the non-replaceable bleeder blades. So, you just throw the head away after target practice I guess?????[]

I' m going with the Montec G5 this season. I' ve tested them and am really impressed. Course my wife says it don' t take much to impress me.