Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need help determining arrow length

Old 07-17-2003, 10:48 PM

Default Need help determining arrow length

After searching for a while on this site for tuning tips I decided to shorten my draw length and see if it helped my consistency (bad groups, bad torque). So far, it looks like I made a good decision. My question is whether or not I should shorten my arrows?

Right now, they are 31" from the groove in the nock to the tip. My draw length is now 29.5" (I think), are my arrows too long? My set-up is not perfectly tuned yet but it is much closer (thanks to more info from this site) I just don' t know what effect shortening the arrow will have on my tuning, will it improve bare shafts tests? Right now, bare shafts still hits slightly low (1" ) and left (1-2" average). I had to really move things around to get this and a decent paper tear (way out of center, nock low) but it tests-out much better?!?

I will have to take them it to be cut, I don' t have the equipment to do it at home.

Thanks for any help.

PSE Nova Extreme - 66# draw
Cabelas Stalker Extreme Arrows 65/80 (8.7 gpi, 100 grain point, 4" vanes, 4 dgr offset, don' t know total weight?)
Scott release, limb savers, peep sight, string loop, whisker biscuit
Old 07-18-2003, 05:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Need help determining arrow length

nebuckhunter you may want to pose this question in the technical section, there are some really knowledgeable folks there.