Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Man, it' s great...........

Old 07-17-2003, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Man, it' s great...........

There' s not much better than a good practice session with your bow when you even impress your friends and yourself. I know some of you shoot year round but I usually don' t start till the end of June and shoot through bow season. Yesterday was about the 5th time I' ve shot so far and the first time this year I shot out to 40 yards and at that range I was shooting 1 inch groups. I think I give my bow more credit than me (Mathews Q2). That thing is so sweet and forgiving. Last year I took the advice of a archery pro shop and cranked that mathews all the way down and at the same time I put a larger peep sight on the string. After that, my groups went from one inch at 30 yards to 3 inches at 30 yards and I picked up some vibration in the bow. I called the pro shop and they said the large group was because of the larger peep site and didn' t have an explanation for the vibration. Well, this year I backed off the max setting about 2 turns and it has made all the difference in the world. No vibration and tiny groups. I don' t have any way of measuring the speed but I don' t see how a bow could shoot any better.
I don' t mean to sound boisterous, I just wanted to share a good day shooting and the darn good feeling you get from a fine piece of equipment working like it' s suppose to.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Man, it' s great...........

congrats, that' s some aweful good shooting 1 inch roups at 40 yards, ever think of trying out for the Olympics????????
Old 07-17-2003, 09:43 AM

Yup.....those single arrow groups can get pretty tight - even at 40 yds...LOL

yea, that would even impress me[8D]

Old 07-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would give my left one to shoot 1" groups at 40, of course I saw Big Contry take 2 shots at 39 yards and the arrows were touching!
Old 07-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing like a good day on the targets.

I can group one inches at 60 yards. One inch groups over here, one inch groups over there.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I figured I' d catch a little grief for this post but it ain' t like I shoot them groups everyday, it just happened. So, bring on the heat, I can take it every two or three years when I shoot decent.
By the way, the first time was a four shot group and that kind of scared me that my goldtips were coming that close to each other so I started shooting two shot groups after that. If I shoot this evening, I' ll probably miss the target, I' ll let you know.
ABM, how' s vegas? I seen a hunting show yesterday and there were calling and shooting coyotes right north of town.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

I can group one inches at 60 yards. One inch groups over here, one inch groups over there.
Love it! ABM maybe you and I could do some 3D shooting together, we need to keep Big Country out of it if we decide to shoot for money though!

Rocky I have days like that sometimes too, the only problem is no one is ever around when I start cutting fletchings and the like![]