Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

oddest bowkill

Old 07-16-2003, 09:41 PM

Default RE: oddest bowkill

If I am not going to eat it or it is not doing some damage of som sort I am not going to shoot it. I think it a shame to shoot something just for the sake of shooting something. If that is what you want then just get a target of the same thing and shoot at that. I was just brought up that if you are not going to eat it then don' t kill it, the exception to the rule is if it being destructive.

DoubleLung55,

Glad to hear that after hunting some you gained the respect for the animals. That is as much what hunting is about as the kill.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:42 PM

Legacy357

i shot a at robin but missed. gopher, crow anything that moves i will try and shoot it with a bow, squirrels are fun
You should have your hunting privileges permanently revoked and never allowed to own any type of weapon. You are not a sporting hunter; you just like to kill " ….anything that moves…" just for fun and kicks. [:@]

The same goes for any person that thinks along the same lines! [:@]

Great confession for the anti' s to read!

Old 07-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The first animals that I sent arrows through were ptarmigan and arctic fox. I ate the ptarmigan, and the fox are hanging on the wall. I' ve shot a couple of parkers squirrels, which are nasty to eat, and illegal to kill without salvaging the hide or meat, so I think I' m done with them. I' ve shot a couple of voles, mice and rabbits as well. Nothing too strange.

Old 07-16-2003, 11:22 PM

I' ve shot quite a few stray dogs ranging from small to large. The only reason is that I went out squirrel hunting one time and I listened to a dog running back and forth barking on the ridge above me. Finally, here came a pretty nice 6- point, drooling, and with his tongue hanging out. The deer stopped every 40yrds or so, panted then went on. When the dog came by on its trail, I swithed my single shot 12 gauge over to some 00 buck shot, and droped the dog from 10 yrds. Ever since I have shot 2 strays with a bow from my treestand. The regs say that if there is no collar vissible, then they are fair game. I just cant stand to see a deer that is run down by a stray dog. The hollow that I hunt is overpopulated by these thing and I figure I could help the deer out by killing them.

Other than that, I' ve shot at a few squirells....but missed
Old 07-17-2003, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doublelung, you better watch out the Bunny Cops are on their way
buckshot,

It is disrespectful to refer to out game enforcement officers as " bunny cops" . They prefer " possum police" .
Old 07-17-2003, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

With all the work and time I put into bow hunting, I don' t shoot at nothing but deer and the occasional coyote that wanders into range, otherwise, I' m deer hunting.
In my younger days, I shot a pesky squirrel that was driving me nuts and the arrow merely pinned him to the ground and he made all kind of awfull racket until climbed down and retrieved the arrow. Lesson learned and from now on it' s just deer and coyote/wild dogs.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, I would have to say a Tomato
Old 07-17-2003, 10:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well I stuck a number of Teddy Bears last year, for some reason I shot tighter groups at the teddy bears than I did at a plain old target! Other than that the only animals I would shoot with a bow would be deer & bear.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:07 AM
New Sheriff

Knew a guy that put an awesome stalk on a stick once, he didn' t get a shot off tho..[&:]

Then there' s the cotton balls....
Old 07-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

Me and my friend down at the river shot some dove and quail that was lots of fun

Quick Reply: oddest bowkill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.