Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA hunters ...

Old 07-17-2003, 07:42 AM

Default RE: PA hunters ...

at least this year i won' t have to send in for seperate doe tags for different counties because the two areas i hunt in are in the same wmu
Old 07-17-2003, 07:59 AM

Buck Magnet I have to tell you are dead wrong on this one, Gary Alt DID NOT resign, I repeat he DID NOT RESIGN!!! You see this is how things went down, Gary Alt' s contract was coming due and then Fast Eddie Rendell came out with his plan to cut the benifits of all state employees. Dr. Alt was thinking about resigning but decided not to for family reasons only. Hey the man has a family to take care of and think about you can' t blame the man. The information was incorrectly spread by a Lancaster newspaper who got their information from some Gary Alt bashers, (I think it was the United Sportsman of PA or Unified Sportsman of PA, I can' t quite remember the name of the group but they would do anything to get rid of Gary Alt and they love to cause the Game Commission Problems.) If you call or write the Game Commission they will tell you that Dr. Alt is still employed there. If you read all of the posts on the Northeast forum under Gary Alt Resigns you will see that someone disproved the story of the Lancaster Newspaper.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:13 AM

WMU are a great idea for PA, IMO. We can' t just manage the buck herd with the antler restrictions, we also need to manage our doe herd. I am more than willing to take out a few minutes extra of my time to apply in order to help with our OVERALL herd. More of you are lookin at it from a hunting perspective and the hassle, when if you just looked at it as a management issue, it makes sense. Counties just weren' t an accurate way of dividing up our herd and allocating licenses. Just my2 cents
Old 07-18-2003, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I just got thru figuring out mine , and am ready to send on the aproprate date . I understand it makes it easyer for the game comission to manage and deal with permits from just 20 wmu' s instead of 60 or so counties , but my question is why did they go up the middel of the counties instead of just useing the county lines , say group 3 counties together and that would be one area . I think it would have been less confusing that way . Whatever . Im just glad we live in a country where we can cross state lines with our weapons without checkpoints and hunt whereever we want . God bless the U S .
Old 07-18-2003, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ijimmy,
You better be careful about crossing state lines with weapons in the car. This county ain' t as free as you might think. Packing.org is good website to check out for those regs.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I heard much the same thing as PA Hardwoods. The first story that emerged was that he retired/resigned because of some controversy over where he was getting the funding for his deer management studies. It came out later that was supposedly a lie and that he really was considering resigning because of the benefit issue mentioned above. The last I heard was that his retirement plans were on hold until the current contract was settled....90 days or so from July 1st if I remember correctly.