Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rattling and Grunt Calls

Old 07-16-2003, 12:59 PM

Default Rattling and Grunt Calls

I was thinking about rattling this year in PA and I was wondering if it would work with the way out of wack doe to buck ratio. Doesn' t seem like there would be alot of competition. Also, has anyone used the Truetalker grunt tube, and with what results? Thanks
Old 07-16-2003, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rattling and Grunt Calls

yea our ratio where we hunt is rediculous, ive had them come to calls but rattlin' is slim .... ive only done it a few times tho.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:39 PM

haha...my gf lives in rillton. i have rattled in a small buck before in the second session. its worth a try....what have you got to loss? if you aren' t seeing anything might as well try new things....good luck
Old 07-16-2003, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

The True Talker is my favorite. I' ve called in both buck and doe with it. Of course, I practice alot which drives the wife crazy .
Old 07-16-2003, 08:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rattling in bucks in PA will work, but it will spook more bucks than it brings in. You really have to pick and choose when to rattle and when to not. Aggressive rattling is usually a no no. In over 20 years of bowhunting, grunting in bucks, I' ve been very, very successful. I really rely on calls. I carry many into the woods. Amoungst my favorites are the grunt call from River Valley Game Calls, the Woods Wise 6n1 and the True Talker. One to really watch for is the new Buck Flute from River Valley Game Calls. www.rivervalleygamecalls.com