Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stinking sight!

Old 11-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stinking sight!

Well, I have been happy with my Trophy Ridge 5 pin sight for quite a while. Unfortunately, when letting my bow down last week, the sight hit a very small limb and busted the fiber optics on my top pin! After further review, I wonder why there would be nothing on the back of the pin to protect from such an experience. It was by no means a hard hit, but busted it for sure. Bought a new sight Saturday, a Tru-Glo 5 pin, and it seems to be made to where this will not happen. Hopefully it is all that I hope it will be. Of course, sights don't matter all that much if I don't do my job!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry for digging this up, but as someone with limited funds, why not just pull out the busted pin and use it as a 4 pin sight? Or are you that accustomed to a 5 pin that the change would be detrimental?
Old 12-24-2010, 05:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also wonder if the OP contacted the company to see if they would repair the sight for free or a minimal charge.

Dan

Originally Posted by jicand
Sorry for digging this up, but as someone with limited funds, why not just pull out the busted pin and use it as a 4 pin sight? Or are you that accustomed to a 5 pin that the change would be detrimental?
Old 12-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well whatever the reason, the 5 pin truglo is a good sight. It may not be the best out there but its also the one I picked. And with the model I have the pins remain bright enough even until last legal shooting light.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

I've got a 5 pin Trophy Ridge also and had the same problem with one of the fibers breaking. After looking around on the internet, I found I could buy replacement fibers. Found a pack of three at Cabelas for something like $4 and used a solder iron to terminate the two ends into a nice rounded bead after cutting it to length. Sight is back good as new and haven't had any problems the 3 years since.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Spike

I agree that the 5 pin truglo is a good sight.