Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 07-15-2003, 11:22 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-15-2003, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who' s the expert in low light conditions

brad, I got the same problem and havn' t found the solution after 35 years of bowhunting. I' m thinking about trying the no-peep, however. I' m right handed and left eye dominant and someone on hear said that woud be a problem with no-peep.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:42 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-15-2003, 12:31 PM

I started using a large diameter peep and an Impact Cosmic sight. It is the best combo I have found. Having no peep sight would be better , but I just don' t shoot as well without one.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO-PEEP W/COSMIC SIGHT
Old 07-15-2003, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

somebody stop the madness. what' s everyone found that helps you be able to make an accurate shot during these times.
I' ve already told you. No sights at all. All it costs is a little extra practice time. If you switch to a no-peep or a kisser instead of a peep, then you' re going to be putting in extra practice time anyway.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:50 PM

Personally I have opened my peep and found it helps but whenlight is real dim I shoot down the shaft , much like uncle Ted. I learned to shoot this way originally aand have found that if it' s too dark to shoot like this then it' s just too dark!!It doesn' t work for all but with some consistent practice is an option. I usually shoot 8-10 shots at the end of a session this way to stay in practice. Out to 25 yds. I,m fairly decent and can hit a small paper plate. Not a given but hope it helps!!
Old 07-15-2003, 02:42 PM

The no peep is very good in low light - For me the accuracy was also not as good as with a peep. I drill out all my peeps and like them close to 1/4" dia., it helps.

I have been shooting with both the no-peep and peep now for about 7 months, and I am undicided as to how I will hunt this year.

Shooting at white deer also helps a whole bunch[8D]
Old 07-15-2003, 02:53 PM

Brad,
Unfortunately,the big brusiers move in the last 10 mins before dark,but which ever setup you choose-If you can' t pick the spot out clearly,LET HIM WALK!!!!
You' ll only regret a wounded one that much more.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

This is my first season with the No Peep so I don' t know how it will work hunting but it is working GREAT on targets and I outshot one of my partners on the 3-Dcourse a while back . . . I always shot well below his score.

If the opportunities present though, I am confident that I will be very well pleased with the results.

I dumped my peep though and do not regret it. I gained 2 fps in speed.[8D]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.