Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

kansas

Old 10-29-2010, 03:48 AM
Spike

Default kansas

I am heading to northeast kansas on nov 4 just woundering how the deer movment is down there? Is the rut kicking in yet?
Old 10-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Spike

Movement during the daytime has been slow. Trail cams show movement at night for the big bucks. Going out this afternoon and tomorrow morning. Will update when we get back.

Attached are a two nice bucks caught on cam last week but they were out in middle of night.
Attached Thumbnails kansas-mdgc0010.jpg   kansas-mdgc0025.jpg  
Old 10-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

im in south central kansas and they are rubbing trees but not a lot yet and there is a lil chasing going on but nothin to be to excited about.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Spike

I hope the weather gets a little colder by the end of next week. I really hope they are getting into chasing by the end of next week. I am from wis and they are running all day long. Thanks for the updates
Old 10-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

Hey where are you going to be hunting at? I too hunt in northeast kansas. Last night I watched two bucks chase a doe right off the road. I also saw 4 bucks yesterday morning. Rattled in two of them. I also saw a really big buck a long ways off cruising. I didnt see if he was chasing a doe but he was sure in a hurry but not scared. Good luck
Old 10-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Had a nice buck following a doe last night.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Spike

I will be hunting around riley. Good to here there is some big bucks being seen during the day.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

Oh I hunt north of there a ways. I had a 3.5 to 4.5 yr old management buck walk right under my stand tonight with about 45 minutels left of legal shooting light. So they are up and movin. Good luck