Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Outrageous prices!!!!

Old 07-15-2003, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Outrageous prices!!!!

Mathews, I live about 35 miles south of you. I been thinking about trying Illinois but would have to go up and learn some public lands. I know several people that hunt up there and they all say it' s worth it. good luck to youj.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:03 PM

VA will cost you $145 to bow hunt for the year or $115 to bow hunt for three(3) days. It cost you $127 dollars to hunt one buck in PA. If you want a doe in PA it will cost another $26.00.

VA does have a $500 non-resident life-time licsense. I wrote PA asking them to consider the same since they and VA are considered Sister states under their wildlife enforcements. They told me that it wasn' t being considered at this time. Oh well it never hurts to try.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:22 PM

Mathewsbow1

An individual State' s first and primary allegiance and obligation is to the residents of the State.

We (USA) are the [/b]United[/b] States, not a " Kingdom. That means that before becoming part of a Union, EACH State was formed individually with the sole right to govern and to legislate and enforce laws independent of other States. When the States united, each State still retained the right to self-government, but came under the umbrella of the U.S. Constitution. However, I am not aware of any Constitutional requirement that requires a State to allow non-resident hunting or to limit non-resident fees. Therefore, non-resident hunting is a PRIVILEGE, not a RIGHT.

If each State was not allowed to apply the necessary conservation methods that are specifically applicable to their (State) requirements to conserve and control their wildlife population, before long the State' s wildlife populations would be in a state of crisis, and some might not recover for years…if ever.

Many State' s use the non-resident fee as one method to control the amount of non-resident hunters that want to enter the State to hunt, with the population of that particular wildlife vs. the average number of RESIDENT hunters as the PRIMARY consideration.

Then, I am sure, the conservation people also factor in the popularity of the State. Illinois is known not for vast populations of deer -although the population is more than sufficient for RESIDENT hunters, Illinois is widely known for the large and record setting bucks that are in this State. That means that many gun and bow hunters from all over the United States, and other far-flung areas, would like to hunt in Illinois. If Illinois did not apply all the necessary methods to control an invasion, our buck population could be devastated.

I have just given you a quasi class in US history, the Constitution, government, and conservation, to say:

If you cannot appreciate the PRIVILEGE granted you by the State of Illinois and act as a GUEST with the appropriate manners, then I strongly suggest you keep your butt in Tennessee.

Old 07-15-2003, 12:38 PM
nub

You want to play, you have to pay. Drive a little farther north and hunt WI. By the way, the bears suck.[]

C: You a bears fan? I promise, If I ever come down to hunt Ill., I' ll behave.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

c903, I don' t see no sense in getting nasty about it. You stated a good case for states rights and I agree, but there' s no sense in jumping someone' s butt who' s learning about the ways of this great country.
You got to remember that you live in a state dominated in the north by liberals that will probably take your hunting rights away in the not too distant future. So you might want to be nice to your southern conservative friends that might invite you down to hunt when you lose your privilege.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:13 PM

rockytop

It is called a " crash course" in manners.

Don' t abuse the privilege of being a guest in my house by " dissing" my house.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here in Jersey Non-Resident license is 135.50
Old 07-16-2003, 01:55 PM

i will tell you. i live in tennessee.i have got some kin folks up in southern ill. when i went up to go coon huntin and rabbit huntin. i seen some of the biggest deer i have ever seen up there. when we was rabbit hunting. you figure you would just jump a few does,we was jumping big bucks just like they was rabbits.they was running everywhere.the out of state licenses is worth every penny of it i would buy one.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:04 PM

Hell us Canadians got to put the price up. We set our license prices way to cheap. Man a turkey license in VA costs me almost as much as we charge for a non-resident moose.[:' (] And if Illinois can charge $300 because they got big bucks than Manitoba and Sasketchwen, or Alberta should be charging $1000.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

No offense Turk-Man, but I know Canada has big deer. I' m from IL, and YES, I' ve hunted Canada (Alberta). Canada has nothing on Illinois. There is trully nothing like hunting in the Golden Triangle of Illinois.

Quick Reply: Outrageous prices!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.