Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting by Ford

Old 10-24-2010, 02:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting by Ford

Well gang, it's been a very interesting morning!
Woke up at 0430, all sorts of stoked for my wet morning hunt!
Showered up, geared up, had my coffee and hopped in the truck to head over to my happy hunting ground off the cornfield!
Rolled out about 6, headed up the road, and saw my first deer about 1/4 mile up the road, munching grass in someone's front yard.
Another 200 feet, and 3 more were nibbling away at the grass on the side of the road...then decided to play chicken with my F350!
Needless to say, the deer lost.
After a quick search, I found him just off the road in some bushes, and he quickly expired.
Not wanting to waste him, I tossed him on the bed of the truck, headed back home, and called the County Sheriff to get a salvage tag.
Can't see burning a tag on a bumper buck...
Not exactly the way I like to hunt, but it's meat in the freezer!
At least, he will be once I get him butchered and into the freezer...whenever the Sheriff shows up...
What a morning! Hope I can get out for the afternoon hunt!
Old 10-24-2010, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess thats one way to get meat in the freezer.. lol....
Old 10-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

i feel your pain.I hit one in my F-250 yesterday morning on the way to the farm. Thank god for my road armour bumper