Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone shoot a bowtech

Old 07-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default anyone shoot a bowtech

how good are they? I was looking at the pro 40 dually, anyone have any experience?
Old 07-14-2003, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: anyone shoot a bowtech

I MIGHT know someone who has one of them there BowTech bows!!

You' ve come to the right place if you are asking about the Pro40 Dually. I think, including myself, that there are about 6-8 of us here who shoot that bow.

My impressions?
Best shooting bow I have ever owned, period.
BowTech advertises/markets all the speed / power these bows put out, and while they have done everything they claim speed wise for me, what they should do is push the shootability of their bows! The long riser, short limbs provide a very stable platform, mild recoil, and forgiving.......
I have been shooting my Pro40 Dually strictly for 3D and have been thoroughly impressed with it and posting the best scores I have ever shot. Quality bows from head to toe with a good company and customer service backing them.
I have owned, currently own, and will own bows from other manufacturers in the future but I guess I am one of the BowTech junkies. I just keep coming back, and am currently on my 5th one.
The draw cycles on the Duallys are pretty stout (speed comes at a price), but the nice thing is that you really don' t need anything over a 50-60# model for any application. I also have a 70# " Patriot" Dual Cam for my hunting bow, and while I can actually draw bows in excess of 100# ,if I could do it again I' d opt for a 60# model........its nice to know I could kill a tank if need be, but its just not necesary and I will hunt with it at something like 63-65#
BUT if you REALLY want the power and aren' t afraid to work a bit for it the 70# models have untouchable performance for bows with well over 7" brace heights.
Cam synch on my Pro40 Dually has been a literal non-issue.......I haven' t needed to twist a thing since it was removed from the box, and it is checked everytime out. I keep expecting to have to re-synch sometime but nothing has moved a bit.
My Patriot Dually has needed to be re-synched twice with a twist or 2 but no big deal and is now a non-issue since I believe any left over creep is out of the string.
Even tho BowTech is no longer using Winner' s Choice, in favor of Stone Mt Custom strings, from my first hand experience the quality has been very comparable and still far above most other manufacturers factory offerings.

You will hear nothing but positive from me regarding BowTech bows and the company.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:15 PM

I believe, just like all other bow manufacterer, they have thier positives and negatives. Mine might be differant than someone elses though. But for me the positives have outwieghed the negatives for the last yr. I shoot the Patriot and am very happy with it.
Next yr I' ll probably try something else, whether it be Bowtech, Hoyt, Martin, Darton, ect.. I don' t know. Shoot it and see if you like it. I don' t think you' ll have to worry about quality though. It' s top notch.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:06 PM

My findings have been the same as Matt' s. This bow shoots! This is how it performs for me when the conditions are calm and I am shooting well (50 meters). I had just changed back from my ACC' s (FITA) to my CXL' s (3D) and got this group in before it was too dark. Having things written down really made the swap quick and easy for me. Try one out and see what you think.

-Chief

Old 07-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ditto on what Matt and Chief have said.
Great bows Great company.
Dang I just wish I could add more but Matt jumped the gun on me and said everything
Old 07-14-2003, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I won' t bother to retype what Matt posted. I will advise against group tuning too often, unless you get free arrows.[:@] BowTech is a fine company to deal with. They promote the amateur shooters. Two of their shooters won at Nelsonville this past weekend, also winning the Triple Crown in their respective classes. Anna Sowards & Cara Fernandez. Congrats to both.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:07 AM

Shoot one 25 times and you' ll be buying one
Old 07-15-2003, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

matt are you saying that setting the dually at 70# that it will be hard to draw? do you mena that because of it being 70# in general or is it just that bow that is hard to draw compared to another bow set at 70#.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

We have a Bowtech household. A 2002 Extreme Solo and a 2003 Extreme VFT. From my view, they are one of the best bows out there right now. Fast as lighting, but very shootable, quiet and forgiving, too.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to have a Patriot dually. But until I can scrape together the cash I will just have to suffer using my Hoyt, or my Mathews, or my Darton, or my .....[:' (]

Quick Reply: anyone shoot a bowtech

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.