Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone shoot a bowtech

Old 07-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: anyone shoot a bowtech

I have a 2002 BowTech Patroit over on the classifieds if anyone is interested.It has NEW limbs and NEW Winners Choice string and cable,it is a 50-60 pound draw weight and set at 29" draw.I bought a new Extreme VFT thats why I' m wanting to sale.I' m asking $350 for the bow and shipping,thats almost half what a new Patriot is selling for.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:23 PM
nub

anyone shoot a bowtech
shhhhhhhh. soon
Old 07-15-2003, 05:38 PM

Good stuff Maynard! Extreme VFT here.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Antler Eater, sell those other bows and get the Patriot. You' ll be glad you did!
Old 07-15-2003, 09:11 PM

YEP

BowTech MightyMite here and BOY am I glad that I talked to Matt/Pa last year about the BowTech lineup. Now I can' t imagine owning any other bow

Matt/Pa----- THANKS BUDDY!!! Last year I didn' t know anything about BowTech except that they made bows, but, you opened up my eyes, and now I have a bow that I love and perfect for me.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

BowTech.......you won' t be disappointed!!!!

Good Luck!
Old 07-15-2003, 10:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Outdoorsmen,
I would definitely say YES that the Dual Cam BowTechs are harder to draw at 70# than probably just about any single cam bow of a comparable weight on the market........They pick up weight very quickly and carry it a long way thru the draw cycle. I would not say a 70#' r is gonna kill you, but if a 70# single cam is your limit for a managable bow in a hunting situation or an awkward shooting position then i would tend to say you will have problems with a 70# Dually.
THAT SAID........even tho the draw cycle is STIFF, it is also very SMOOTH. It can be both.
There are no surprises or humps or bumps in the cycle........just a straight smooth but stiff draw cycle.
A 60# Dually on the other hand feels TERRIFIC. Now the weight is much more managable, the speed is still there comparable or better than most single cams at 70# and all you feel is SMOOTH.
If you are gonna get one, unless you are a Gorilla you will have much more fun shooting and hunting with a 60#' r, and you aren' t giving up any performance.
ANy specific questions please feel free to e-mail me and I' ll help where I can.

Buck Magnet, you are welcome.........I knew you would enjoy one of them! I killed 3 deer with my Mighty Mite and kinda miss the little bugger. Sweet bow for treestand hunting. Isn' t it nice when you get a piece of equipment that just ' Clicks' for you?
Old 07-16-2003, 10:35 AM

Hey Matt/Pa,

Don' t worry, I' ll let you know how she does in the treestand this year. I still can' t get over this bow. It is perfect for what I am using it for, hunting. I am not your 3-D master like alot of guys, so I want something small and light to pack into the stand. What else is funny is when people see me shoot this bow. They can' t believe the speed of something so tiny

But, don' t let your head get too big, I might be mad at you come tax return time when I am eyeing up another BowTech.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buck Magnet, don' t hate Matt because his BowTech is beautiful. Just hope tax return time gets here fast!!