Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stabilizers

Old 07-13-2003, 07:14 PM
Spike

Default Stabilizers

I need a new stabilizer for my Parker Ultralite 31. Any suggestions?
Old 07-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stabilizers

Yep, try an 8" Stealth. You won`t be disappointed.

www.stealtharchery.com

or just try Cabelas.
Old 07-13-2003, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

I love my Sims Modular.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:57 AM
jca

gkf tranquilizer....i have the 5" on my ultralite 31...works great....the bow is light already,you dont want to weigh it down with a heavy stab....the tranq is only 3.5 ounces...good luck
Old 07-14-2003, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

My friend has one that can fold up roughly flat against the bow for transport in a case. I think it' s a great feature, but I don' t know what kind it is. Sorry.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:44 AM

IMO the bes on the market is the Tranqulizer from Golden Key . Light weight and man does it really kill vibration.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:49 AM

But isn' t it the purpose of a stabilizer to add some weight for stability and balance? Maybe I' m missing something but I don' t understand why companies are suddenly making featherweight stabilizers. I guess it' s just a matter of feel but I prefer a little heavier stabilizer. The NAP Shockblocker seems to be one of the heavier, yet still shock absorbing, stabs on the market right now. At least at the low-mid end of the price spectrum.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Typical Buck

One of the prime purposes of a stabilizer is definitly to add stability and balance to your bow but another very important function is the shock absorbent value of the unit. I use the Sims Modular and it is great; not very heavy bit it more than adequately does its job.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:01 PM

My first couple of stabilizers were nothing but weights that screwed on to the front of the bow. They did add some mass to the bow which helped the shot somewhat, but really all they did was make the bow heavier. The newer stabilizers are quite a bit lighter but do work well for taking the vibrations from the bow and losing them so as not to interfere with the shot. My Hoyt MT Sport did benefit greatly in both handshock and in the way the bow grouped arrows when I put the LORE stabilizer on. The bow also shoots quieter. One thing is certain, that stabilizer staying on that bow. I did try putting one on my Icon but I really couldn' t tell a difference in either handshock or in the way the bow shot, and it wasn' t any quieter. I guess some bows need them and some bows don' t.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use a 5" doinker on my 32 ata Martin; it provides nice balance, dampens the sound and seems to tighten my groups(especially at 30to 45 yards). The main reason I like the doinker is if you bump it on your stand it makes no noise, light and it fits attached in my bow case. Which when hunting on an ATV it makes for getting setup go smoother, especially in the dark hours prior to daybreak.

While I do have longer stab, I don' t like it as much to hunt with. I have gone completely away from using it. I use a bow for hunting and as such I practice each session as if I were hunting, with all my accesories on and setup in hunting format 365 days a year. Don' t get me wrong I love shotting a bow, but I feel it makes me more proficent in why I shoot the bow....TO HUNT!

Quick Reply: Stabilizers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.