Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech qc/customer service??

Old 09-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Spike

Default Bowtech qc/customer service??

I have a 2007 Bowtech Allegiance that I bought new in 08 and have loved the bow since the first time I shot it, but about 3 weeks ago I went to draw it back and the top limb cracked. I figured oh well it's under warranty. I take the bow to the pro shop and they ordered a new set. Well all was well until the 1st set of new limbs came back black with DIAMOND stamped on them. I told them that I didn't want them and they said they could send limbs with bowtech stamped on them, but they would be black because they don't have Mossy Oak Obsession anymore. I said fine just send the black limbs. Now today I call the pro shop to check on it and they say the limbs came in, but one of them had really bad scratch marks all over it. They are trying to get Bowtech to overnight the limbs now so that I can get the bow back tomorrow, but we will see how that goes.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this with Bowtech's warranty work? I have to say that they make great shooting bows, but after all this I'm not so sure I will ever buy another!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

So what I'm hearing is that you have a 3 year old bow with an old camo pattern and UPS scratched a set of limbs. Doesn't sound that bad to me. Yes it sucks because it's probably close to the start of your season, but sounds like they are doing everything they should to make you happy.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

If you want the limbs camo, contact this guy, he's over on AT. He can dip them if Bowtech doesn't offer to make things right which should be matched limbs to riser, I don't see why they wouldn't. I would think they would send you Realtree Hardwoods Green instead of black.
http://www.buckeyewtp.com/

Last edited by *twodogs*; 09-08-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the limbs were packaged properly at Bowtech, UPS could not scatch them very easily during shipment. It would be obvious if the box was messed up during shipping. The above poster must work for Bowtech to blame UPS on the scratched limbs. It would be nice if on the second attempt Bowtech would get the order right. If a limb breaks on one of their bows, and they have a warranty, it should be fixed right the first time. They should match the camo or swap out the riser. I had a similar situation on a Parker Bow and they gave a new riser to match the camo pattern.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never worked for any archery related company and don't own as many Bowtechs as LKN.

But on his first post he's coming out with this??
Old 09-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully everything will work out for the OP. I am sure Bowtech will do the right thing. It would be nice if the guy got good looking limbs especially if they have to be a different color.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Spike

Thanks for the response everyone. I don't think that UPS scratched the limbs, but who knows for sure. Either way I spoke with Bowtech customer service a little while ago and they did send the limbs out overnight. I am still very disappointed about the black limbs, but as long as it brings home the meat I'm happy!

*twodogs*- Thanks I will look into the guy on Archery Talk

LKNCHOPPERS- Thanks for the support.

wallhangr- Now I have 2 posts!
Old 09-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Black Limbs may look OK. The Destroyer can come with a Black Riser and Camo limbs and that looks pretty good.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Most bow companies will send black limbs when they no longer make a particular camo pattern and they have exhausted their inventory of matching limbs.

Mathews sends black limbs, Bowtech sends black limbs, PSE uses a generic camo and generic graphic, Martin will send black limbs, Pearson sends solid color limbs etc...

Honestly, the black limbs look pretty sweet IMO. I think you will actually like them.

Who knows how the limbs got scratched but Bowtech is getting you another set ASAP. That is what any company is suppose to do. Although I don't know why they originally sent limbs with Diamond graphics on them????????
Old 09-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Spike

Thanks again for the input everyone. After talking to Bowtech and them overnighting the limbs I got some respect back for them. Maybe the black won't be so bad. I will post a pic when I get it back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.