Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats wrong with this doe?

Old 09-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

I was watching a hunting show a couple days ago and they killed a buck with something like that on it, same spot to but no udders. Maybe a tumor?
Old 09-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IA Buck Hunter
I'd have to say it's a mosquito bite... Swelling should go down in a day or two.
That mosquito must have be as big as a hawk. Don't let it bite you, its libel to suck all your blood out... lol.....
Old 09-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats what happens when the Billy Goat gets out and starts mating with the deer population!!! Keep those nasty goats penned up!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IA Buck Hunter
I'd have to say it's a mosquito bite... Swelling should go down in a day or two.
I was thinking a black fly...haha. I've never seen that before!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

if her fawns died and she never would have gotten the milk out of her udder it would swell up and she looks like a goat lol[/QUOTE]

That's what happens to cows but i'm not an expert
Old 09-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

That looks like a diva deer. Looks like breast implants to me lol, i would guess 38 DD jmo.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH
She's eating and moving fine, looks a bit thin, but overall not unhealthy.

nature will take care of its own. She does not appear to be suffering, hasn't been hit by a car, why interfere? If you want to take her as a hunter, go for it, but I'd suggest that if you wouldn't take her "normally" don't take her now.
overall not unhealthy? sorry but i totally disagree. take it out and leave it lay(hate to say that but you really should). it's not doing the rest of the deer any good. not one to let breed and all it's doing is consuming food for the healthy deer. plus would you eat it? i bet not!!!!!!!!!